TEAM SHELBY FORUM

We might need a Shelby GT Race Section

stngfever

Oil pan was tapped, that and other signs show this car had a paxton style supercharger at one time.

Adjustable rear control arms are also on the car.

Missing front sway bar. One on its way!

Oil pan was tapped, that at other signs show this car had a paxton style supercharger at one time. Adjustable rear control arms are also on the car.

Missing front sway bar. Looking for frpp that came on car if anyone has one?

Im sure Dean has one Scott

I'm gonna have to hit up Dean for my commission at the next race. Ha...ha... I've sold two cars for him and a few sets of wheels off of posting his things for sale around. I like Dean. He's a great guy and one heck of a racer! If Shelby wants at some point to get into professional racing again, they should work with Dean.

After seeing these pics - maybe I'll go out and buy some WD40 stock - looks like there maybe an increase in sales ! :drop: Guess this is where they came up with the saying " Rode hard , put away wet " Oooohhh ! Did I say that ! Sorry to those offended .

To summarize what has been identified thus far:

Original owner 7/08 - 11/11

Second Owner 12/11 - 1/13 (10/12 Hurricane Sandy Flooded this car)

Salvage Title 1/13

Centri style supercharger was on this car at one time (Appears it was removed before Hurricane Sandy, potentially before orginal owner traded it in)

Missing front sway bar

JBA headers

Flowmaster Mufflers

Adjustable rear lower control arms

GT500 Dual Fuel Pump

Based on the above, I believe this car saw some 1/4 mile action at some time in its previous life (rode hard) then put away wet :hide:

And I plan to breath life back into it and ride hard with a purposeful track car! :peelout:

Scott,

May I ask how the clockspring ribbon got that way when the earlier pic show the steering wheel ( drivers ) air bag has not gone off . Was someone curious ? :drop:

I don't think that just 1 air freshener is going to do the job - hey JMO :hysterical: I would recommend that you drain the engine oil , trans fluid , gas tank , differential oil , and check the carbon canister all for water before going in any more . Have you tried turning the motor over by hand yet ? What else do you need in your care package ?

JeffJ - can we have a ruling here on the rust ?

JeffJ - can we have a ruling here on the rust ?

Yep, that's rust. Yep, that's a lot of work to gut all those electronics that are crap. Wow, that's a lot of work to do, but will be worth it!

Very observant kevin on the clockspring! I'm sure u can guess how that happened? Lol

As for the care package, what ever else u can think of that I haven't already mentioned! Since the amps are required to start these cars, im assuming your gonna need those?

I can't thank you enough for your assistance with my project!

But, nice try on getting the judge involved! :) lol

Very observant kevin on the clockspring! I'm sure u can guess how that happened? Lol

As for the care package, what ever else u can think of that I haven't already mentioned! Since the amps are required to start these cars, im assuming your gonna need those?

I can't thank you enough for your assistance with my project!

But, nice try on getting the judge involved! :) lol

I do not need them with the FR500 body harness that I got from Dean . I'll put them in the care package along with the defroster housing .

Archived