TEAM SHELBY FORUM

We might need a Shelby GT Race Section

stngfever

I never thought the day would come where a SHELBY would be in my stable, let alone 2!

August of 2008 marked the arrival of 07SGT2875 new off the dealer lot to join the stable with a 68 sunlit gold coupe. Then in April 2009, Team Shelby offered me a chance to track 07SGT2875 during the 45th celebration in Birmingham. That set in motion the typical addiction for Tracking. Taking in the occasional local track events, then off to MMP for 2 days of School. While the 68 sat around begging to be driven, the decision was made to put it up for sale in order to fullfil my next dream of obtaining a dedicated track car. A deal was struck a couple months ago and the 68 was gone (while I enjoyed owning this car, I didn't experience sellers remourse). The original plan was to wait til next spring time to kick off the hunt for a track prepped car or an 05-09 donor vehicle due to upcoming stable build (pole barn next month and a home addition next Spring). Then along came Dean Martin with Rehagen Racing! While I wasn't prepared to obtain a donor car this soon, this was a perfect donor car and it's a SHELBY!

It all started due to this POST

07SGT5529 (White) is now in the stable with 07SGT2875 (Black)

5529 suffered from water damage brought on by hurricane Sandy. While it was put away wet, it WILL live another day, as it will become my dedicated "Track Car".

These PICS may not be the best, but you get the idea

07SGT5529-1_zps138fb09d.jpg

07SGT5529-2_zps12872765.jpg

Had some time after getting home to get the seats and carpet out to begin cleanup and assess the damage.

07SGT5529-3_zpse4edc90a.jpg

Stay tuned for more to come.

AND THE BEST THING OF ALL IT'S "PERFORMANCE WHITE" !. :superhero:

I'd be more than happy to be the "MOD"erator for the Shelby GT Race Section :hysterical2:

I have also been thinking that with all the different threads going on about folks taking their

cars to the track that it may be time for a specific TS Racing forum. But not just limited to SGTs

(although this thread is a great example of how to get going cheaper starting with the SGT for

a dedicated track car). Their are plenty of other TS guys with other cars that do a bunch of racing

and can share their experience/events with everyone.

So how does one pitch this to Robert & Sharon?

-Tom

I have also been thinking that with all the different threads going on about folks taking their

cars to the track that it may be time for a specific TS Racing forum. But not just limited to SGTs

(although this thread is a great example of how to get going cheaper starting with the SGT for

a dedicated track car). Their are plenty of other TS guys with other cars that do a bunch of racing

and can share their experience/events with everyone.

So how does one pitch this to Robert & Sharon?

-Tom

I sent Robert an e-mail suggesting a "Team Shelby Racing" section under the community area at the top of the forums. More and more TS members are racing that I think this would be a great add. We can discuss all kinds of racing there from Drag and Road course to Shelby Engines Nascar racing.

I second making albino500 the "MOD"erator. Lol

2875 has the nickname of "stang fever" which aptly describes my affliction.

The wife has appropriately nicknamed 5529 "hurricane".

As for the ongoing question of which color is faster, well time will tell. :)

Looks like there has been an outbreak of " Red Mist Fever " on Team Shelby. Ohh , there's NO " going cheaper starting with the SGT " tpow96 - I've got the receipts to prove it .

+100: Notice I didn't write cheap, just cheaper. Should have said just slightly cheaper

than other Shelbys as a starting point, with the exception of the Mopar Shelbys. I got

some of those receipts also, including the yearly cost of R compound tires.

-Tom

I sent Robert an e-mail suggesting a "Team Shelby Racing" section under the community area at the top of the forums. More and more TS members are racing that I think this would be a great add. We can discuss all kinds of racing there from Drag and Road course to Shelby Engines Nascar racing.

Excellent... Thanks Jeff.

-Tom

"Team Shelby Racing" Love it! Title of this thread should have read "Another SGT being upgraded to Racing Status"

svttim, Albino500, Bob Zinzell, and especially tony356 have all contributed to fueling the burning fever I have for tracking.

Hurricane will evolve over a longer time frame than Albino500 or Bob's builds did. (Unless I win the lotto :hysterical2: )

My first goal is to get it up and running, then put enough of it back together to obtain the rebuilt title (this will allow it to be registered :drool: ) Purpose of this it to have the ability to drive to local track events (I have a track within 10 minutes and another one ~1.5 hours away) or local shows (my son has already put dibs on driving the "slow" one to local car shows :hysterical:)

I'm looking for a couple sets of 07-09 GT-500 rims (blemished ones preferred, or they will become blemished :superhero: )

roadam134_zpse3f9e0f0.jpg

Like this?

Nice to see that you finally put some stickers on your "Little Red Wagon " :hysterical2: and getting in some seat time ! :superhero:

stngfever - if you win the lotto - will you sponsor me ? ( it can be written in as a "grandfathered " clause ) :drool:

I like the " Hurricane " name - maybe I'll go with " Lightning " or " White Lightning " ( which is what I tow it with - my 94 white Lightning truck )

I'm looking for a couple sets of 07-09 GT-500 rims (blemished ones preferred, or they will become blemished :superhero: )

Blemished? Awesome. No one notices imperfections at speed. I've got three sets of

blemished rims (one for track, one for autocross, one for strip). Did the Rehagen folks

not have any more GT500 sets? I purchased a nicely blemished set with barely used

R888s mounted on them for a great price earlier this year.

-Tom

Let's see now , Team Shelby Racing Group ;

1) Albino500 - 07SGT4755 - performance white ( LIGHTNING )

2) BobZ - 07SGT5471 - black oil ( SLICK )

3) svttim - BIW - race red radio ( FLYER )

4) FordFan1 - 08SGT0527 - vista blue ( THUNDER )

5) stngfever - 07SGT5529 - HP ( HURRICANE )

6) tpow96 ? ( ICEMAN ) ?

7) JeffJ - 06SGTH0102 - black ( EXECUTIONER )

any others ready to take flight to get this racing group off the ground ( don't hate me for the call names - just for fun and radio com ) ? :shoppingcart_:

Ohh - JeffJ - tech official aka ; the ( JUDGE ) & ( JURY )

Archived