TEAM SHELBY FORUM

tires

what is the widest tire i can run on 20x10 rims 2007 super snake? best tire in a drag radial? thanks

I have no drag radial info., but for a street tire set-up a 295/35 fits nicely on a 10" Alcoa, if you step up to a 305/35 the tire gets rather tall and "fat looking" to the point of almost being pinched looking like it is too small for the rim...........it fits but looks pinched. <<This will also depend upon tire brand because tires of the same size among the different brands are not equal.

R

how is the nitto nt555r 395 35 20??????? i can see if the nitto has a 305 30 20 Thanks

Only problem with Nitto is they run TALL. Love the tire, hate the sizes available.

Would i have any problem with the nitto 305 35 20 with clearance in weelwell with rubbing?

Not at stock ride-height. I believe most of the Nittos in sizes we run are between 28.1 and 28.6 in diameter. The section widths are +.5 to + 2.0. Make sure your wheel offsets are correct.

My car is lowerd with the super snake set up would a 285 or 295 tire be better? Just looking for best straight line traction. Thanks

If I were doing 9" front 10" rear for the street, I would do 255/35 front and 295/35 rear. This set-up fits the 9" and 10" Alcoa nicely.

I can dig out some "installed" pictures if you would like to see them.......

R

My car is lowerd with the super snake set up would a 285 or 295 tire be better? Just looking for best straight line traction. Thanks

I'm pretty conservative, so yes that's about the widest I would go on a 2007. Robert M would be correct. ^^

Nitto does not offer a 295 Any other ideas on a differnt drag radial I believe i read somewhere that people have ran the 305 35 20 and it had a slight bulge on side wall Just looking for est tire for dry traction Thanks again

Here is a Pirelli 305/35/20 on a 10" Alcoa, this owner also mentioned that his fender lips touched the 305/35's over moderate bumps with a small amount of weight in the back seat.

Before.jpg

The picture above also has a "BEFORE" attached to it. The owner was not happy with the amount the 305/35 stuck out beyond the rear fender.

The "AFTER" is shown below, this owner spent approx. $2000 to have his axle assy. shortened by 1/2" or each side to get rid of the "stick out", but the picture below does show the 305/35 P Zero fit on a 10" rim........it is getting to the point of the appearance of being "pinched" by the narrow 10" rim.

SuperSnakewheelprofile.jpg

If you are not going to spend $2K to shorten your axle, this is the "stick out" factor with the 305/35, you may also have rear fender contact as this owner did because of the overall height being approx. 1" taller than the tire that came on the car, and the bulge that the 305/35 has on a 10" Alcoa. Some like this look, others do not.

R

Thanks very much for your replies. I think I am going to check in on some spacers to raise my car 1/2 or 1 inch to eliminate tire rub. Any more suggestions or ideas is greatly appreciated and I will definitely post what I do and how it works. Thanks again.

Still debating the nitto 305 35 20 i think will be to tall nitto is making a nt01 285 35 20 but not sure when. If anyone has put a bigger tire on a 20" rim i would like to know. My car has the ford racing suspension and was lowerd 1'' THANKS

• 2 weeks later...

Had tires installed tuesday nitto nt01 285 35 20 Weather in michigan has been in the 90s en very humid the car dont seem to like this, way down on power. I went for a ride today and was able to see how they hooked up. Much better than the pirelli. First gear still spins Second almost no spin. I think if i heated them up a little more they would hook even better. traction is much better and i like them Thanks for all your help

Archived