TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A couple of questions

ageishecker

Has anyone installed mud guards on either the front or rear of their GTS? My rocker panels pick up a lot of dirt thrown by the front tires. I'm not seeing any abrasion but that will probably come with time. Right now I'd just like to keep the rocker panels cleaner but am wondering how the mud guards might affect the apprearance. I though I had seen photos of someone doing this but tried searching and come up empty handed.

Also, something on the bottom of the car bottoms out occasionally when I hit a dip in the pavement at 50 mph or so. It seems to hit when the suspension fully compresses. It sounds "hollow", not like something solid. My first thought was exhaust or exhaust clamps. I had the car on the lift last weekend and couldn't see signs of anything rubbing the road. Has anyone else experienced this?

I ordered a set of front mud flaps from American Muscle for both cars. There were $60 a set and installed in about 15 minutes. Simple job and they work as designed. I've not any issues with sounds when my suspension compresses. However, the past couple of weekends I've got a small shake or wobble in the car under normal driving conditions. I did the same thing, put it up on jacks and found nothing. The feel when I'm driving is like the lug nuts are loose on the car but I've checked them all. I'm stumped and figure the car will let me know if it has a real issue. I know it's a cavalier attitude but I can't figure it out.

Maybe the wheel balance is bad or you threw some weight or weights off the wheels.

Maybe popped a wheel bearing? Flat spotted a tire with a quick stop?

• 2 weeks later...

Nope ... but it has stopped doing anything strange completely. So, using my past experiences with other car issues either nothing will happen (90% chance) or it will completely fail on the highway at rush hour (10% chance). I had a local speedshop look over the car and they found nothing.

Did both of you find the problems you posted about?

Here is a photo of my GTS with front mud flaps on the front.

MFlap2.jpg

Thanks for the photo. I might try a set and see if I like the look.

I still don't know what is bottoming out. It doesn't happen very often so it's hard to pin down.

Archived