TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need Help For Replacement 91 Octane Sticker

jaydub Mach1

Does anyone know how to get a replacement "91 Octane" sticker that's installed on the inside of the fuel door??

I believe it was part of the Shelby GT conversion package when they installed the "Shelby " tune the required 91 octane fuel.

I did have my original sticker in place up until a few weeks ago. I was getting gas, standing next to my car and I noticed that someone had torn off the octane sticker. Thinking back, I did have the car in for service a few weeks from then. So I thought it was the Ford dealer tech that might have ripped it. Of course, when I brought it to their attention, they claim they don't know anything about it. :mad: :mad:

Anyway, I went to their parts counter and no dice. I'd have to call Shelby. Shelby's website didn't list that particular sticker on their "Unique Parts" page, so I called them. They told me "Nope. Call Ford Performance Parts".

At least FPP knows what I'm talking about, but they don't have any.

I was wondering if someone knows where I can get one? Or has a picture of one and knows where I can get one made.

Any help will be appreciated!!

Many Thanks!!

100_1150.jpg

If I recall those 91 octane decals came in the FRPP kit. The BP sticker was oem Ford Mustang.

SPP wont have them and if FRPP is saying no then my next suggestion is there another Ford product that uses a 91 octane decal? Perhaps the Boss 302 or Taurus SHO?

What about Rousch or Saleen?

Steve

Your Welcome. I hope it helps.

That is what is great about the forum.

We are here to help each other. Let us know what you come up with.

I'm sure there are others that may be in the same position.

Similar number on ebay although I can't tell if the pic is just generic and the label is different or if that is the label being sold. Also, the sticker part number does come up on Ford Parts site with 0.00 cost, so probably no longer made. Maybe a local vinyl decal guy can create one for you. Just a thought.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-OEM-XW4Z9A095AB-Labels-Fuel-Label-/231004711707?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35c8f42b1b&vxp=mtr

Thanks, again guys!!!

I sent an email to the eBay seller with the pic from Cobradad. Hopefully, if it's not the correct one in their auction, then maybe they can locate it from the picture/part number.

And I will call FRPP now that I have the part number.

Mucho Thanks, Guys!!

I'll keep you posted

Similar number on ebay although I can't tell if the pic is just generic and the label is different or if that is the label being sold. Also, the sticker part number does come up on Ford Parts site with 0.00 cost, so probably no longer made. Maybe a local vinyl decal guy can create one for you. Just a thought.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-OEM-XW4Z9A095AB-Labels-Fuel-Label-/231004711707?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35c8f42b1b&vxp=mtr

Hey DGGT500,

Thanks for the link to the eBay Auction!!

It's put on by a Ford dealer in Vegas. Unfortunately, the sticker is on back order, but it sounds like it's the one I'm looking for.

But you never know unless you have them in your hands...!!

Thanks, again!!

on my 07 SGT the fuel door decal is green and yellow BP color's. and say 91 octane BP fuel recommended by ford .

on the 08 Roush the decal just gives the tire size and pressure !

JIM

Hey Guys.

I got the label I was looking for!!

I called Ford Racing and they sent it out to me at NO CHARGE !!!

Thanks for all the help and leads, guys!!!

Glad it worked out. Realizing the same decal was still being used by FRPP prompted the suggestion to call FRPP back.

Steve

Glad it worked out. Realizing the same decal was still being used by FRPP prompted the suggestion to call FRPP back.

Steve

Exactly right.

Great suggestion, Steve !!!

As was posted above, this forum is such a great tool for helping each other to enjoy our cars!!

Hey Guys.

I got the label I was looking for!!

I called Ford Racing and they sent it out to me at NO CHARGE !!!

Thanks for all the help and leads, guys!!!

Told ya (post #5).

/S/ chopped liver

Archived