TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thinking about Selling Shelby GT/SC, any idea on Price????

William Rodgers

You just keep on thinkin' that. I'm telling you the price if a standard 07 sgt is headed south of 20k and the normal buyer places only mod shop value on the sgt additions. Keep drinking the cool aid. Drop the price or keep it. I highly recommend the latter

I really hate to burst your bubble but I went through this almost 4 years ago and things are just scaling for standard depreciation

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I am keeping mine. Not worth selling. And it will dust cars that cost alot more very readily.

Pretty funny carnut. We have similiar taste in cars...;@)

My 996 is stock except for wheels and tires. Everything works, good enough for me.

So a GT/SC without upgraded brakes is a dangerous car imo, mine was sc'd before brakes were a part of the equation, scary.

I also think the prices will rise eventually on these.

I need to paint stripes. The set I replaced is now looking worn as well.

Besides Leno's right "you never sell a Shelby"

Cheers!

Great Choice IMO, thankfully neither of us have to sell, it is good to be in a place where this is our choice. Not many folks like Mustangs and Porsches, it is pretty funny out of the minimal amount of GT/SC we both also have a 911.

I will painting my stripes in the next few years, but my Backyard Pool project will be my Top priority for now.

Let us know if you paint them.

Its funny not a brand loyalist. Just like cool stuff! ;@)

Also Tony I guess until Kieth Martin shows one in his mag we will never really know. The sales of SGT/SC's reported here are only yours, and one sale does not dictate the market. If it did all 79 Alfa Spiders would be worth north of 10k as the last one I arranged a sale of went for 12k, and then the buyer paid for shipping to Europe.

So we must ask is there any other sales data available besides your sale of a SC car and the NADA guide (even though there is no SGT/SC there). KBB does not list the SGT.

Also whatever happened to the registry? Was it ever published? I have been off forum for about a year.

Cheers!

How many people sold there 60's series Shelbys for less than they paid for them? Think about that. Wonder what they are thinking now? The SGTs and SGT/SCs will someday be like gold. Like having money in the bank. People will be begging you to sell it to them.

Its funny not a brand loyalist. Just like cool stuff! ;@)

Also Tony I guess until Kieth Martin shows one in his mag we will never really know. The sales of SGT/SC's reported here are only yours, and one sale does not dictate the market. If it did all 79 Alfa Spiders would be worth north of 10k as the last one I arranged a sale of went for 12k, and then the buyer paid for shipping to Europe.

So we must ask is there any other sales data available besides your sale of a SC car and the NADA guide (even though there is no SGT/SC there). KBB does not list the SGT.

Also whatever happened to the registry? Was it ever published? I have been off forum for about a year.

Cheers!

I have no clue what happened to the Registry, would be cool to see though.

How many people sold there 60's series Shelbys for less than they paid for them? Think about that. Wonder what they are thinking now? The SGTs and SGT/SCs will someday be like gold. Like having money in the bank. People will be begging you to sell it to them.

Agreed, in the meantime we have a seriously great car to enjoy!!

Everytime I drive mine I feel great, thats what did it for me about 50 miles and its over, car is like an appendage at this point.

So great.

So I was 1/2 mile to chevy dealer to order a 14 vette and a guy in the car next to me at light went on and on about how beautiful the SGT was. I nailed it and realized its really my car.

So cool, and then I think about the miles and the friends and meeting Carroll at the track, then laughing at his cursing at some wierdo, and I do a burnout and enjoy it all...time goes quickly...

Archived