TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thinking about Selling Shelby GT/SC, any idea on Price????

William Rodgers

Bill don't do it!!! a voice from the past here buddy, I remember driving to tasca for the SC upgrade and when the door to the garage opened your car was the first one I saw ! it still looks great and you have put far fewer miles on yours than mine, but I can say this , I have gotten smiles and thumbs up from people ages 7 to 70 , I have had more complements over this car than I could have ever imagined and I have to think you have had the same experience. Well that's my 2 cents . ..ok I will just say it... get rid of the Porsche :rolleyes:

Hey been a while since I have seen you on the Forum. Your right it gets more thumbs up than my Porsche. It is the only car I have owned this long, over 5 years, and I still look at it and think it looks insane.

I am going to keep both, think I am going to install the pool next year, then I will know more about how much my Bonus might be as well as see what the Market does with my Stocks.

Funny my Garage Queen is a Mustang and the Porsche splits Daily Driver with my Truck.

Thanks for getting me back on track everyone!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey been a while since I have seen you on the Forum. Your right it gets more thumbs up than my Porsche. It is the only car I have owned this long, over 5 years, and I still look at it and think it looks insane.

I am going to keep both, think I am going to install the pool next year, then I will know more about how much my Bonus might be as well as see what the Market does with my Stocks.

Funny my Garage Queen is a Mustang and the Porsche splits Daily Driver with my Truck.

Yeah I have been away from the forums for some time, but I am glad to hear you have come to your senses, hopefully I will see you around here a bit more. Get out and drive that thing, guaranteed to put a smile on your face every time !

I think you made the right choice. Enjoy it!

• 3 weeks later...

I just have to say this. Almost no one knows about or cares about a Shelby GT/SC unless you are an owner of a Shelby GT or a few others. Everyone thinks in terms of GT500. It just fact.

That being said, we get treated like a red headed step child. Even though our cars were like the 1965 to 1967 Shelbys (built at Shelby) as opposed to a car bulit at for under license from the old man.

I too have in the past considered selling. But gave it up when I came to the realization that there were just too few buyers of our cars. I was just not willing to let go of a real special car and then regret it after the fact.

Way , wayy down the line maybe they will become more rare than they already are, and if there is any fuel left maybe then we may have something others will appreciate. The fact is, as owners of this bad ass car, we know how special our cars are and we need to drive them, just like the old man said.

So keep the thing and drive it like you stole it. I am sure your kids love it as much as mine do my car. My 2 year olds call it Papa's race car. lol

It gets me every time.

Just an FYI- Since the purchase of my 08KR, I have my 07SGT for sale. I put it on Ebay and it got as high as $25,200. My car has the gray interior,shaker 1000 5500k. Car is pristine. I have had offers as low as $22k to $24k. I will keep it if I can't get $25,500. Patience will have to be exercised in today's market. A SGT/SC should bring at least $30-31k.

"Most people will look at that price and then go buy a GT500 with similar miles for the same price or less." <- While this is probably true it is because most people just don't know. I had an '08 GT500. My 07 GT/SC would beat the pants off of it in a straight line and even more so on the track. If you can't get high 30's for it I am glad you are deciding to keep it. It's a REAL SHELBY don't you know! :)

Carnut- Pretty funny, so my daily driver is a 996 C2 Cab. Adults do fit in the back. And so does my dog.

I bought it well used but with a recent factory new engine, car is well used but was serviced to the max by a shop I know well...put the dog in it, etc...

P-cars are excellent daily drivers, on mine door dings while they suck, don't ruin my day. Now my Shelby, no dog, and so far with careful parking, no door dings ever.

The value question is hard, nada guide is listing retail of mine at 27.7k add 50 percent of s/c and brakes you get 33.7k, then whatever the other options are worth to a buyer.

Mine is listed here as you know, but kinda thinking that at this point the real question for me is;

Where are these cars SGT/SC's at on the depreciation curve? And will the 2015 model release decrease the prices further or will we see them start to edge up?

I have had my car since I drove it off lot July 1 2007, and the number of people who actually knew what it was is a very short list. After the SC stripes only one set of guys knew what it was and that was at a 1/4 mile track, one of the guys had a KR and really was interested in seeing my car do the 1/4. Ironically that day I laid down my best pass ever.

I am seriously having sellers remorse and I have not even sold mine...LOL. So far answered a few questions but no real interest. May ultimately stash it away in a safe indoor storage in Las Vegas (using it at bash and track days there) and skip the new vette in favor of building another blown hot rod for myself. Or I need to get more local garage space...LOL.

If it does go away it will be the most missed car ever for me. Dead reliable (I am still on the stock clutch even!) and really fast, as you know.

Also has a certain hooliganism to driving that the 996 will never have. Although I love the 996 and it's perfect gearing and easy light feel with high speed cabability at ease, it's pples and oranges.....

They are both magic, but the SGT/SC is really a special car, that I think is slted to be a collectable of a high level one day.

My 2 cents...;)

"Most people will look at that price and then go buy a GT500 with similar miles for the same price or less." <- While this is probably true it is because most people just don't know. I had an '08 GT500. My 07 GT/SC would beat the pants off of it in a straight line and even more so on the track. If you can't get high 30's for it I am glad you are deciding to keep it. It's a REAL SHELBY don't you know! :)

I agree!

The same year GT500's are not as worthy as the GT/SC in my opinion....great cars but I would not ever choose one over a GT/SC.

I agree!

The same year GT500's are not as worthy as the GT/SC in my opinion....great cars but I would not ever choose one over a GT/SC.

We all understand your logic here but the real world does not. To 99.9% of the mustang buying community the Shelby GT is just a modded mustang and not worth any more than one. Believe me I lived through the same thing you're going through when I sold my gtsc convertible. The average person does not understand the Shelby heritage.

Another thing that the buying public doesn't care anything about is the "one of n" designation. In the end I got nothing for 1 of 1 Barrett Jackson convertible GT/SC

I do t think I've ever heard of a sgtsc sell for more than the same years GT500

You should definitely put your car on Craig's list and ebay. Mine sold from an ad in auto trader. Buy the it lists until it sells and make frequent price adjustments

Just keep it and drive it

Good luck

I agree that most people do not appreciate the Shelby heritage. So you will have to wait to find someone who does to get a fair price. Think of yourself looking to build one. Buy a low mileage 07 or 08 SGT for 25-30. Put the SC package on for another 13 and you would have 40 or more in it anyway. If I could have bought mine for 37.5 instead of building it for 42 I would have done so. Wouldn't you? It took me two years to get a fair price when I sold my boat. Everyone tried to steal it. In the end someone got a very well maintained boat at a fair price. I would not be surprised if it took a year or two to find the right person to buy an SGT/SC.

Respectfully the average person drives a Honda...;@)

Also I would trade for your GT Tony...;@)

edit: Also choosing the SGT initially over the 500 was not a financial decision for many, so like us somewhere is a guy or gal who'd rather a SGT over the 500

I agree that most people do not appreciate the Shelby heritage. So you will have to wait to find someone who does to get a fair price. Think of yourself looking to build one. Buy a low mileage 07 or 08 SGT for 25-30. Put the SC package on for another 13 and you would have 40 or more in it anyway. If I could have bought mine for 37.5 instead of building it for 42 I would have done so. Wouldn't you? It took me two years to get a fair price when I sold my boat. Everyone tried to steal it. In the end someone got a very well maintained boat at a fair price. I would not be surprised if it took a year or two to find the right person to buy an SGT/SC.

Your math is spot on and I agree.

Cash talks...

Now then boats...LOL!

I also have that disease, thankfully I have my lifetime vessel now...;@)

I agree 100% this would be a car I would miss the most out of all the ones I have owned, it has already set the record for length of ownership, I usually get sick of cars in 2-3 years and I have owned this since 2007.

I mentioned to my wife I was thinking about it and she thought I was nuts, told me I should keep it.

I love the Porsche, but I do agree the Shelby is more special, I also agree for the right buyer the GT/SC is a much better value than the same year GT500. Several people on here owned both and every one that I recall said the GT/SC is the better car hands down unless you want a Cruiser.

For now I plan to keep both, I just have to try to make time to keep up with both or find a Great Detailer, I do not trust anyone. If I found a Great Detailer I think I would spend a lot more time driving them.

Good luck on your sale, I hope you get what your looking for, these are special cars for sure.

I enjoy detailing mine, but it just takes to much time to do it right, I would rather spend time with the Family or Driving them. And although my kids would love to do it with me that doubles the time it takes to do it.

I have grown to enjoy driving them more than detailing them, I may just start testing detailers with my wifes Mini-van or my Truck. Or just checking them out myself to see their work and what they use.

Regarding the math. The additions are all correct except that the entry price for a Shelby gt is 22-24 these days. 07s less 08 ESP 08 convertibles a little more but anything over standard depreciation. I still put a already done 07 gtsc at about 28-30k.

Also Tony do you regret selling yours these days?

I have a few cars lime that in my past...thats what scares me....

Yes I do and I've been given permission to buy the automatic car. It went for 40k to charity at the last bj auction normal price would have probably been high 20s low 30s

Lol

Looks like both of us might do so. I just think about it, there is nothing close to $30-35K on the market that I would like even close to as much. And I would have to buy something used at that price so I know how well I have taken care of mine, can not say that for anything else.

Eventually I will get the Stripes Painted, may do the Upgraded Interior as well. I have been spending all my Extra Cash on the Porsche, mods on that thing are ridiculously expensive.

I almost had my stripes painted immediately after I got it. As it was the stripes and hood scoop on both cars were replaced by Shelby when they were in for the blower upgrade

They later upgraded the package to include brakes as part of the package. I was going to get them but they were goi g to charge. I said I paid x for the gtsc and now it includes the brakes for that price but they wouldn't do it so I passed. I never tracked the car so it didn't matter

So I am keeping mine. Not worth selling. And it will dust cars that cost alot more very readily.

Pretty funny carnut. We have similiar taste in cars...;@)

My 996 is stock except for wheels and tires. Everything works, good enough for me.

So a GT/SC without upgraded brakes is a dangerous car imo, mine was sc'd before brakes were a part of the equation, scary.

I also think the prices will rise eventually on these.

I need to paint stripes. The set I replaced is now looking worn as well.

Besides Leno's right "you never sell a Shelby"

Cheers!

I also think 28-30 is light I say 30-33 retail.

if you pay 23 for a sgt then 13 for the sc at SA thats 33. Add wheels and tires your at more.

My kid really wants mine so it stays.

So Anyone know of a C2 Corvette roadster that is not a trailer queen, prefer patina'ed driver or rolling project message me. I have drivetrain. So thats not important. Want complete otherwise.

Rough car ok.

Cheers!

Archived