TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carbon Fiber front splitter?????

Anyone know when or if that will be available individually for purchase from either Shelby or Ford?

I did not see anything on shelby's website.

I personally think it would be cool to replace all plastic parts on the car with CF, but Im sure tha would cost a gabillion dollars haha

Perhaps by the time I get my car, all the mods will finally be out.

:D

Anyone know when or if that will be available individually for purchase from either Shelby or Ford?

I personally think it would be cool to replace all plastic parts on the car with CF, but Im sure tha would cost a gabillion dollars haha

The day I left the Hermann event my friend and I went to IHOP for breakfast and when I pulled into the parking space I scraped the front of my chin spoiler on the curb :banghead: Needless to say I was pissed. It is still scuffed up pretty bad. I went to the dealership and a replacement one is about $70 I think.

I would like to replace my with a CF version but I am now thinking that I might use a dremel to clean this one up a bit and leave this one on, then get another one and install it for shows so it is in good shape. I know I would hate to destroy a CF version in a parking space, on an incline or elsewhere. I scrape mine more than I thought I would initially.

The Carbon Fibre splitter used to be for sale on the SAI web page for $500. I do not know why it was removed.

It's to much money for me. I would just scrape it anyways.

The Carbon Fibre splitter used to be for sale on the SAI web page for $500. I do not know why it was removed.

It's to much money for me. I would just scrape it anyways.

I am super careful and I still scraped mine once at the Sonic. I would be bumbed out if I busted a CFS. I would imagine SAI will be keeping these available after the mod packages begin hitting the streets. Nice thing about plastic is it's pretty forgiving. Carbon fiber looks better but not to many second chances with curbs.

I would like to replace my with a CF version but I am now thinking that I might use a dremel to clean this one up a bit and leave this one on, then get another one and install it for shows so it is in good shape. I know I would hate to destroy a CF version in a parking space, on an incline or elsewhere. I scrape mine more than I thought I would initially.

I have scraped mine a few times nothing too bad but it still freaks me out when I hear that sound. To fix mine I used 80 grit sandpaper to take off the messed up plastic and smooth any chips or gouges, then use a 120 grit sandpaper to remove the excess shavings, followed by 220 grit to smooth it all out, looks good and you can't even tell I scraped it.

I have scraped mine a few times nothing too bad but it still freaks me out when I hear that sound. To fix mine I used 80 grit sandpaper to take off the messed up plastic and smooth any chips or gouges, then use a 120 grit sandpaper to remove the excess shavings, followed by 220 grit to smooth it all out, looks good and you can't even tell I scraped it.

I scraped mine on a gas station approach. Minor deal. I used a metal file to tune it up.

Scraped mine the first time I drove the car :banghead: I am extremely careful now. The wife will do it a few times I am sure. I was planning on keeping a few in stock at the house with them being only $70 from Ford.

Archived