TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TIRE QUESTION

new member i have read the post on tires but still have a few questions. Has anyone tried a drag radial on stock rims? car is never driven in rain. Not sure if i want to widen rims, would that have any effect on value on car . just looking for better straight line traction. THANKS

common problem. i have a set of nitto drag radials on my stock rims. they are fine. however, they won't last as long as a standard all-weather tire and they should be driven very carefully in the rain, if at all. they will help with traction, but won't really cure it, especially if you have power mods. i have a second set of rims that i had widened to 11" and run toyo proxy r888, which are basically competition/drag tires and those help substantially. feels safe now, even when driving very aggressively.

no, mine is a standard GT500 with super snake mods (eibach pro-street s, ford racing 2.3L TVS supercharger kit, one piece aluminum drive shaft, ford racing 3:73 gears, shelby short-throw shifter, shelby extreme duty heat exchanger, borla catback w/FRPP KR mufflers). i'm running 315/30-20 out back, but they are a hair too wide past the fender. next time i will go with 305/30-20. that should be perfect on my 20x11 24mm offset Razor rims. in fact, i'll also go with 265/35-20 on my 20x9 24mm offset Razors upfront, as they are within 2mm of each other in height.

yeah, i noticed that. there are lots of existing threads about traction and tire size so maybe they are holding their peace. i also have my stock SVT rims with nitto nt555r 285/40-18. they work pretty good. personally, i don't think i'll ever put standard all-weather performance tires on the stock rims. maybe on the 11" razors, depends on what i can find in a 305/30-20.

Archived