TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Detailing your GT500

I do not have my car yet as I am waiting for and 08... but I was trying to think ahead as to the

best way to detail my car once i get her...

A friend of mine used to Detail Cars and Swears by Dri Wash or Dry Wash ?? Anyone ??

Has anyone used this product?? I know its a personal choice on the best way to take

care of your car, but I wanted to hear some differing opinions.

He said by using any type of wax you will eventually have to strip it off and start from scratch

because it will oxidize. But with the Dri Wash you never have to do that and by using it to clean

the car your doing the two things at once... cleaning and protecting the paint.

Dri Wash the car ??

Zaino ??

Mcguires ???

Thanks for your input in advance :happy feet:

Hope my post made sense.. LOL

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McGuires and Zaino are great. They are not wax, but polish. No stripping needed. I never used dry wash. Doesn't sound good to me. Kinda like a dry :censored: . Not very good.

LMAO gotcha.. So I wouldnt go wrong with either of those products.. that is good.

Still wonder if anyone has used that dri wash from here. This guy loves it...

Maybe he just like Dry :censored: . hahaha

Whatever floats ones boat i guess. LOL

LMAO gotcha.. So I wouldnt go wrong with either of those products.. that is good.

Still wonder if anyone has used that dri wash from here. This guy loves it...

Maybe he just like Dry :censored: . hahaha

Whatever floats ones boat i guess. LOL

I've heard of the dry wash, but I'm not trying it. I personnaly am partial to Zaino. It's incredibly easy on and off. It's pricey and mail order only though.

I've used Dry Wash & Guard and it really works. I've used it on three different cars and my on Lightning. It's really great when you you don't have access to water like at car shows, when you arrive and need to clean the car. It is great for removing bugs from the front bumper and for removing road tar. It lifts the dirt away from the paint when you wipe it off. The finish feels and looks like the car was polished. It has't scratched any of the cars I've used it on. They also make a rubber and plastic cleaner that I use on my tires. It makes the tires look new without making them shiny.

For detailing paint, wheels and glass, I use thick microfiber towels and a fine mist spray bottle loaded with distilled water. I had used DriWash for years and while it works fine, this combo actually cleans even better and glass cleans with far fewer streaks and its CHEAP.

As a paint protectant I use Meguires Gold Class.

I use Meguiars products. Wash the car with some kind of automobile shampoo. I use Deep Crystal Car Wash. Use Quick Detail to lube up the surface and clay bar the paint when you first get the car. There won't be many contaminants on the surface but there will be a few. Run your finger tips over the surface. It should feel like glass. Once it's clay barred end to end polish it with Deep Crystal Polish. After it's polished end to end use Next Generation wax . If you keep it inside a garage all you'll need to do is Quick Detail it from time to time. That's easy and fast.

The interior is a different deal. I use leather conditioner on the seats and leather trim but the seats have these funky little holes that you will need a soft brush to get the paste out with or you can use a leather cleaner and conditioner in spray form. Your best bet is to check out the Meguiars web site and go through their tutorials. They're very good.

http://www.meguiars.com/

Check out the Sparkle Auto Care website for great prices on Meguiars products but watch out for the shipping costs. They're steep.

http://www.sparkleauto.com/

Zaino is the best - and easiest, once you do the first round of wash, clay, polish, and more polish. Check it out.

Shelbydude,

Where did you get your window and side fixtures from? Also, did you install them or have a body shop? I also have a Vista-Blue Shelby and really like the look you have.

Thanks,

CW

Zaino is the best - and easiest, once you do the first round of wash, clay, polish, and more polish. Check it out.

Great to see On the Color Combo that I will be getting... looks like GLASS.. Sweet...

What about the Side Mirrors and the Hood Heat Extractor Vents? Do you use it on those areas also ???

Thanks for the Input everyone.

As far as the interior goes... One concern i do have is with the interior upgrade you have the leather dash, being

that I am in Texas and it gets REALLY HOT.. and at times the car will exposed to the hottest part of the day, what

is the best product to protect the dash from getting sun bleached ?

I've used Dry Wash & Guard and it really works. I've used it on three different cars and my on Lightning. It's really great when you you don't have access to water like at car shows, when you arrive and need to clean the car. It is great for removing bugs from the front bumper and for removing road tar. It lifts the dirt away from the paint when you wipe it off. The finish feels and looks like the car was polished. It has't scratched any of the cars I've used it on. They also make a rubber and plastic cleaner that I use on my tires. It makes the tires look new without making them shiny.

Lets say one uses Zaino to Polish their car.. but had DriWash on hand for the quick clean ups and removing bugs and road tar as you suggested... would the driwash remove the layers of Zaino polish if you used this product for Just QUICK CLEAN UPS ??

Shelbydude,

Where did you get your window and side fixtures from? Also, did you install them or have a body shop? I also have a Vista-Blue Shelby and really like the look you have.

Thanks,

CW

There are a gazillion places that sell those "side fixtures" as you say....and there are even many different brands. Pick up any Mustang specific magazine and you'll find a bunch of ads, go to their websites and look around. A couple brands I've looked at are Xenon, Razzi, and 3D Carbon. You can buy pre-painted or non-painted. Painting is expensive due to prep work required...check with a local body shop BEFORE you buy. Pre-painted are almost double the price, but IMO worth it.

One site to get you going is this one http://www.atlantamustang.com/windowscoops1.html

Shelbydude,

Thanks,

CW

I got the scoops from Cervinis.

www.cervinis.com

They come unpainted. They will need to be prepped, sanded, primed, wet sanded, painted.

I had our body shop do everything. The scoops cost about $356 shipped for both upper and lower. You will need to check around and quotes from body shops to see what they will charge. It is a lot of work involved.

The scoops I got from Cervinis are the same scoops they use on their C-300 model

I do not have my car yet as I am waiting for and 08... but I was trying to think ahead as to the

best way to detail my car once i get her...

A friend of mine used to Detail Cars and Swears by Dri Wash or Dry Wash ?? Anyone ??

Has anyone used this product?? I know its a personal choice on the best way to take

care of your car, but I wanted to hear some differing opinions.

He said by using any type of wax you will eventually have to strip it off and start from scratch

because it will oxidize. But with the Dri Wash you never have to do that and by using it to clean

the car your doing the two things at once... cleaning and protecting the paint.

Dri Wash the car ??

Zaino ??

Mcguires ???

Thanks for your input in advance :happy feet:

I haven't used Dry Wash for a few years, but in the past, it's the only thing I used for years on all my cars including a 57 Ford Fairlane 500 Vert I used to show and won lot's of trophy's with. It's a great product. Goes on easy, comes off easy and I used it weekly on all my cars.

AZbud

Hope my post made sense.. LOL

Lets say one uses Zaino to Polish their car.. but had DriWash on hand for the quick clean ups and removing bugs and road tar as you suggested... would the driwash remove the layers of Zaino polish if you used this product for Just QUICK CLEAN UPS ??

Don't know if it would remove it but it could cause a cloudy, smeary look on the Zaino. Zaino makes a great detailer for fast bug removal. Road tar should not stick to the Zaino.

Zaino also makes a tire blacking spray that can be used on all the hoses and black plastics to blacken them up.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

Great to see On the Color Combo that I will be getting... looks like GLASS.. Sweet...

What about the Side Mirrors and the Hood Heat Extractor Vents? Do you use it on those areas also ???

Thanks for the Input everyone.

As far as the interior goes... One concern i do have is with the interior upgrade you have the leather dash, being

that I am in Texas and it gets REALLY HOT.. and at times the car will exposed to the hottest part of the day, what

is the best product to protect the dash from getting sun bleached ?

nothing beats the sun shades for storage/parking.

I received my red vert in April and did the first "detail" this weekend. I used the Mequiar's system - clay first, then used my orbital buffer to polish and NXT wax her. The car looks awesome! There are many good products out there and this combination is certainly one of them. Even on a new car, it is amazing what the clay got. Good luck with your car!

I use Ice (polish) from turtle wax. It works great.

I'm with you Grabber. :beerchug:

I put my first coat of Turtle Wax Ice Paste Polish on two weeks ago and it still looks great. In the interim, I have left the car out in the pouring rain at work for 2 to 3 days, and I washed it twice. It still glows like it never did with NXT. :shift:

You don't have to worry about avoiding the black plastic trim, and there isn't any white powder when you buff it off. I'm a big fan of Ice. :happy feet:

I use Ice (polish) from turtle wax. It works great.

I used ICE on my GO vert a week ago and the shine is so deep it actually looks wet.

This stuff is fantastic, no effort and great shine. :headspin:

Alan

Archived