TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rocky Mountain Mustang Round-up Pictures

JeffJ

The 2013 RMMR was a great success. The weather was amazing all weekend. Out of the 500+ Mustangs we had on the street for the show, over 75 were late model Shelby's. There were 52 in my class of 2006-2009 Shelby's. You can imagine that many were incredible. I received one of the 7 Awards of Excellence given in this class. I also ended up 2nd in the Unlimited Class for the Friday Autocross event, just behind my friends 2004 680hp Cobra on race tires. Here's some shots from the event.

25th_zps57646352.jpg

RMMR2013041_zps293c690b.jpg

RMMR2013038_zps70f794e0.jpg

RMMR2013035_zps1bb5bee9.jpg

RMMR2013025_zps98a0b67e.jpg

Yes, a Cobra 4 valve powered Focus:

RMMR2013021_zpsee8f1369.jpg

RMMR2013017_zps4ea84f78.jpg

RMMR2013011_zps4b2d9339.jpg

RMMR2013043_zpsa7529b3a.jpg

RMMR2013044_zps92ed675e.jpg

Jack Terhar of Sill-Terhar Motors brought up a new Jag F-type and flogged the heck out of it at the Autocross:

RMMR2013028_zps00c31a17.jpg

My car in Autocross trim:

RMMR2013027_zpscf2ef6b7.jpg

Congrats! I'm really sorry I missed this! Although I ended up not traveling, due to the Black Forest Fire, that ended up being the reason I still couldn't leave town. Had to remain on-call for AF's support of firefighting and relief ops... (For the record, I was happy to do so but certainly wish it hadn't been necessary.)

Looking forward to next year...

Congrats Jeff. Post a close up of your engine bay. I like your intake and would like to see more.

Harald,

I'll have to try and get some detailed photos of this, but it has been a disaster trying to get this thing tuned. We were getting serious buffetting of air with the stock Paxton set up pushing air back against the MAF sensor by the air filter. I guess sometimes the Paxton set up works on a tune, and I have done much research on finding that sometimes the exact same set up will have this air buffetting (?) issue. The Paxton BOV valve sometimes causes air to push back against the MAF if that makes sense? There was a Paxton set up at the tuners identical to mine with no tuning issues at all. But then mine had serious issues. With my intercooler set up, we ended up fabing a new intake tube from the intercooler to the intake with a bung for the MAF sensor half way in the tube. I also got a much higher capable MAF that can register much better for tuning. Now all air that goes through the MAF is going into the engine. I now have a blow of valve in the tube by the drivers side tire between the Paxton and the intercooler, venting out to atmosphere. So now it sounds like I have a turbo with a BOV. So the BOV valve is now in front of the intercooler and the MAF after. This allowed me to scrap the factory Paxton filter to head unit plastic tube with all those crazy bends in it. Seems to be working pretty well now. I'm still having a tuning issue. I have a TCI 3500 stall converter which I guess is complete crap for anything over 450 hp. If we try to electronically lock it for dyno purposes, the engine blows right through it causing us to not get good power down for tuning. So, now need to spend another grand on a good converter before we finally get a really good tune on it. But, it is running pretty darn good. Another HUGE issue was the absolute crap Granatelli coil packs. Those things wouldn't fire consistently for anything. I had to go buy Ford Racing 2010 coil packs in order to get it to run at all. That was our major tuning issue.

I wanted to run the AFM intake tube, but they are on a huge back up, so I just fabbed my own intake tube with some 4" tubing I found.

RMMR2013039_zps51a26169.jpg

RMMR2013012_zps75534736.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Harald,

I'll have to try and get some detailed photos of this, but it has been a disaster trying to get this thing tuned. We were getting serious buffetting of air with the stock Paxton set up pushing air back against the MAF sensor by the air filter. I guess sometimes the Paxton set up works on a tune, and I have done much research on finding that sometimes the exact same set up will have this air buffetting (?) issue. The Paxton BOV valve sometimes causes air to push back against the MAF if that makes sense? There was a Paxton set up at the tuners identical to mine with no tuning issues at all. But then mine had serious issues. With my intercooler set up, we ended up fabing a new intake tube from the intercooler to the intake with a bung for the MAF sensor half way in the tube. I also got a much higher capable MAF that can register much better for tuning. Now all air that goes through the MAF is going into the engine. I now have a blow of valve in the tube by the drivers side tire between the Paxton and the intercooler, venting out to atmosphere. So now it sounds like I have a turbo with a BOV. So the BOV valve is now in front of the intercooler and the MAF after. This allowed me to scrap the factory Paxton filter to head unit plastic tube with all those crazy bends in it. Seems to be working pretty well now. I'm still having a tuning issue. I have a TCI 3500 stall converter which I guess is complete crap for anything over 450 hp. If we try to electronically lock it for dyno purposes, the engine blows right through it causing us to not get good power down for tuning. So, now need to spend another grand on a good converter before we finally get a really good tune on it. But, it is running pretty darn good. Another HUGE issue was the absolute crap Granatelli coil packs. Those things wouldn't fire consistently for anything. I had to go buy Ford Racing 2010 coil packs in order to get it to run at all. That was our major tuning issue.

I wanted to run the AFM intake tube, but they are on a huge back up, so I just fabbed my own intake tube with some 4" tubing I found.

RMMR2013039_zps51a26169.jpg

RMMR2013012_zps75534736.jpg

Sounds like more than I want to deal with. It does look nice. Would you consider selling your original elbows (ones you had painted)PM me.

Archived