TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Navigation System Update

Little Shelby

I have just received a letter from Ford about a map update for the Navigation System on my 2009 Shelby GT500. The cost is $199 plus tax. Shipping is free if ordered prior to July 31. To see if there is an update for your car call 1-877-628-6271

Wish they would update so you could load a custom home screen picture. I'd like to upload a pic of the Carroll Shelby memorial sticker like another forum member did for his aftermarket head unit.

There is a way to change the Ford symbol pics to your own pics...its in the Owner's manual. I would put the instructions here, but I don't know how to do it (yet) either.

There is a way to change the Ford symbol pics to your own pics...its in the Owner's manual. I would put the instructions here, but I don't know how to do it (yet) either.

I've never heard that on the 08 & 09 systems! I 'm going to have to go look for that! If you find exactly where you've seen it please post up........Thanks Bob

I've never heard that on the 08 & 09 systems! I 'm going to have to go look for that! If you find exactly where you've seen it please post up........Thanks Bob

Oops...I am referring to my 2013...not sure about the earlier.

Little Shelby, it's interesting that you have an '09 and you state that the Ford logo is on the '07-09 startup screen. I've seen an '09 with the Cobra startup screen so I had assumed they changed that in '09. Maybe it was just some '09 cars (possibly late ones) that received that logo? I have been wondering how to get the cobra on my '08. Not that it's a huge deal but it's just one of those neat little touches is all. Realistically I only see it for a second anyway. I'd also be curious if you can put in a newer factory nav unit in our older car? Does anyone know if that's possible?

Archived