TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cleaning and Preventing Oxidation on Cast Aluminum Whipple Components

08SGT/SC

I've been trying to clean some oxidation off my whipple 550 kit and would like clean off the oxidation and to apply something to the cast aluminum parts to prevent further oxidation. I have heard of using Simple Green, but some sites say that can damage the finish. What does everyone use to clean and polish the aluminum on their superchargers? Also does anyone know if these aluminum parts are bare metal or have some sort of coating?

I've been trying to clean some oxidation off my whipple 550 kit and would like clean off the oxidation and to apply something to the cast aluminum parts to prevent further oxidation. I have heard of using Simple Green, but some sights say that can damage the finish. What does everyone use to clean and polish the aluminum their superchargers? Also does anyone know if these aluminum parts are bare metal or have some sort of coating?

NO, No, no to Simple green. It is corrosive to aluminum.

I'm not putting down SG as its a product that I use but keep it away from aluminum unless heavily diluted and immediately rinsed away with clean water.

Steve

Adam's detail spray cleans and protects it nicely for me.

Jer

Archived