TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dash emblem

The interior of my 2013 GT350 is pretty plain, except for the seats and SAI plaque. I added this, to keep in the '67 vintage motif, what do you think? I know, I probably have violated some ObamaMotors safety rules on airbag compartments, since things can fly around during airbag deployment and put your eye out, and could be arrested. But I like it.

post-39072-0-20776900-1371158901_thumb.jpg

I like the emblem at it's location. However, as you stated it may be a concern. That said, how about contributing to the Foundation and get a auto pen signature of the man. That would dress up the interior and you helped the Foundation help others. I posted on this thread. Maybe you will agree with my comment. Either way enjoy!

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/79628-autopen-signatures-do-you-think-theyll-hurt-the-value-of-real-ones/

For those on the fence: Take a moment & define value? Consider this, it is more than the signature whether real or autopen. Your donation/purchase will help some young person and their family. The Foundation has helped so many families over the years and will continue to do so by the support of folks like all of us. Don't hold back and display the signature loud and proud knowing you made a difference in some persons life through the Foundation. It is one of Mr. Shelby's treasured accomplishments (he has stated that numerous times in public)that he hopes will continue for many years. I am sure he will look down at anyone who makes a donation/purchase and say "thank you for your contribution".

I like the dash badge idea. Very innovative. My only alteration would be to have as far to the right of the dash as possible to emulate the placement on the 1967 GT350 dash. An autopen signature to the left then would be a nice final touch like the first edition GT350 dash. Anyway, it looks nice.

Thanks, and yes I had thought of it in the original '67 location, but I am a "symmetry" kind of guy, and it looked better centered, but I am still playing with it. I have used temporary UGlu patches that easily peel off, not the permanent 3M type tape. An autopen signature would be great, didn't know that could be done. Carroll signed my two sun visors on my '68 KR over the years at a couple of events, I made a nice donation each time of course. How does this work?

I'm going to throw this out there Mike; if I crash my 350 I really doubt that little plaque will be the thing that kills me. My money will be on the sudden stop at 150 mph will be a larger concern. It looks great and since we don't get painted stripes they should put a decal or a painted GT350 emblem on that spot as a standard.

OK guys, here is the new position, as suggested by 66GT, in the traditional '67 position. I think I like this better.

Have to agree better on the right. In fact I like it so much I'm gonna steal your idea and add one too because the interior is on the bland side

The relocation gets my vote, of course! A Shelby snake decal with gold background in the center of the steering wheel pad would also look good. Not sure if that would affect the air bag system.

What I really don't like on these GT350's is the plain boring center wheel cap that says GT350. Would prefer to have the Gold tiffany Snake or a CS emblem cap. Do any of you think its possible to make any of the old 67 emblems fit the wheel cap space?

Not sure what size yours is, mine are the black powder coated 20", and are about 3" across. I think the center emblem they put on the '68 hubcaps would fit, and those are available various places. Has the snake and Shelby Cobra on them. The ten spoke/Magstar center emblems are smaller, maybe an 1 1/2"?

Not sure what size yours is, mine are the black powder coated 20", and are about 3" across. I think the center emblem they put on the '68 hubcaps would fit, and those are available various places. Has the snake and Shelby Cobra on them. The ten spoke/Magstar center emblems are smaller, maybe an 1 1/2"?

mine came with 19's at all fours and measured the actual emblem not the cap and it was a little more than 2 1/2 so anything from 2 1/4 to less than 3" could make fit. got one company checking on it... would have preferred the Gold snake on center caps

• 3 weeks later...

something else on the interiors I think us 2013 owners got shafted! the 2011 and even 2012 they got more interior like emblems as part of the package and we got squat. I guess to each his own but I like the RED/WHITE/BLUE vintage Cobra emblem look they got. I had an 11' reserved but didn't do it because I wanted a Convertible and they were not going to give me the supercharger with the automatic tranny so I passed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Looks best on the new location. Yes the auto pen may be the final touch. It is pretty simple to get and since I didn't see a reply I will answer for you. You would have to remove and send in your airbag cover to SA. Most people this time of year (depending on what part of country you live - cold or warm) purchase a new cover and send that so they can continue to drive their car. Then once obtained switch them out.

It explains on the web site. http://www.cscf.org/donate/get-carrolls-autograph/

Hope this helps.

Archived