TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anybody have a TPMS resetting tool I can Borrow?

cormy

I had trouble with mine and went to two different ford dealers. Both tried to reset the Tpm sensor for no charge. Worse to worse discount tire should be able to help you out. I am in Montreal and would be happy to lend you mine but I think the shipping would cost you more than its worth.

• 1 month later...

We finally got together and it's all fixed! Had to let the air out of the tire that had the TPMS replaced, refill it and run the sequence again. What the heck I had nothing else to do on a HOT Saturday in the northeast! Happy to help out a fellow Shelby guy!

Yeah, Doug is one of the 'good guys', but i'm sure he didn't need an excuse to take the car out for a ride today.

How did you guys figure out you had to deflate/inflate the tire to get it to re-set?

I just did this today while replacing my OEM wheels with 2012 SVT PP wheels and tires. I bought Oro-Tek valve stem TPMS sensors from American Muscle and had Discount Tire install them and balance the wheels a few weeks ago. I learned from the Oro-Tek web site that once the tires are inflated you only have one hour to train the sensors otherwise they go to sleep. Once that happens you have to deflate the tires, wait 5 minutes, before re-inflating to wake them for training.

Yeah, Doug is one of the 'good guys', but i'm sure he didn't need an excuse to take the car out for a ride today.

How did you guys figure out you had to deflate/inflate the tire to get it to re-set?

actually Bill, the video I got from American Muscle mentions that if they don't reset you may need to deflate them, so I took a guess with Chris's :shrug: What 6-speed posted makes sense, I know I had to deflate mine, losing the Nitrogen fill which kind of pissed me off but I got over it!

Archived