TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 in Colorado Checking In!

Hey Everyone,

I picked up my '14 GT500 today from Longmont Ford in Longmont CO. We worked out a great trade for my 2007 Saleen S281Extreme, 8,700 miles, which reduced the sales tax I paid.

The GT500 is such an awesome, fun and quality vehicle. I'm truly impressed.

Looking forward to participating on the boards!

SHELBYTRADE_zpsbf68a2dd.jpg

Hey Everyone,

I picked up my '14 GT500 today from Longmont Ford in Longmont CO. We worked out a great trade for my 2007 Saleen S281Extreme, 8,700 miles, which reduced the sales tax I paid.

I'm down in the Springs along with another recent transplant from New Mexico.

We also have another in Monument and quite a few in the greater Denver metro area.

Check out the Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club if you want to meet fellow Shelby owners.

Phill

Welcome! I saw your post on Facebook also. Great car. Can't wait to see it. Will you be coming up to Steamboat Springs next weekend for the Rocky Mountain Mustang Round-up?

Aw CRAP! Is that next weekend? 8th & 9th or 15th & 16th?

I swore to myself that I was gonna make it this year. Been trying to get my car ready to drag race at Pueblo & FFW/Bandimere but my bad back hasn't been cooperating.

Phill

The RMMR is the 13th-16th in Steamboat. I'll be running in the autocross up there. FFW is the following weekend at Bandimere Sunday June 23rd. Hope to see many of you there. My H is finally running pretty well. I was runing 12.80's last Friday night at Bandimere. It's awesome the first half of the track, but is falling on it's face the second half in 4th gear. My converter keeps locking and unlocking. Need a quality converter, a little more tuning, then hopefully be in the high 11's or around a 12.00.

I'm down in the Springs along with another recent transplant from New Mexico.

We also have another in Monument and quite a few in the greater Denver metro area.

Check out the Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club if you want to meet fellow Shelby owners.

I'm the Monument connection to which Phill refers. In addition to the SBC, there were several of us (at least three late model and one vintage) at last week's "First Saturday Car Show" at First & Main Town Center in Colorado Springs.

IM going to a car show sunday , bring your new car

What show? Where? (I'm parking mine in the Tri-Lakes Cruisers 2013 Benefit Car Show in Monument on Sunday.)

The RMMR is the 13th-16th in Steamboat.

I'm not happy about missing this, but I'll be out-of-state for a friend's retirement that weekend. Looking forward to next year...

Welcome! There are a few Shelby enthusiasts in our area. I'll be at the Good Guys show on Sunday in Loveland. Come on up! If you enter your car you get admission for two and a good safe parking place inside and get to go around and look at all the other cool cars.

Is the Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club still alive? I've heard nothing from anyone since last fall, with no activities mentioned this year. The web site gets no activity any more...

Is the Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club still alive? I've heard nothing from anyone since last fall, with no activities mentioned this year. The web site gets no activity any more...

Tony,

Did you fall off the list? You should get in touch with Mick if so. Yes, been very active lately. There have been events every month. Just a couple weeks ago we spent the morning at the Harrison Hot Rod collection in Littleton. Amazing display of cars, and then we had a great lunch at a very nice location just across from Arapahoe Community College. After that, I went over the Phil Long and bought my new Roush Mustang. So that was on May 11th. There are events planned for both June and July already.

I just messaged Mick on Facebook. He said that you are still on the e-mail distribution. He is sending you an e-mail now, you may want to look for it to make sure that you are getting his messages. :)

there were several of us (at least three late model and one vintage) at last week's "First Saturday Car Show" at First & Main Town Center in Colorado Springs.

AW, DOUBLE CRAP! I meant to be at that one and it completely slipped my mind. My back was acting up all weekend (and beyond) and was laying in bed all day Sat. & Sun. anyway.

It's once a month, isn't it? Or is it once a week all summer?

Phill

AW, DOUBLE CRAP! I meant to be at that one and it completely slipped my mind. My back was acting up all weekend (and beyond) and was laying in bed all day Sat. & Sun. anyway.

It's once a month, isn't it? Or is it once a week all summer?

I'm sorry to hear that, Phil, and wish you a speedy recovery.

The First and Main Saturday Car Shows are the on the first Saturday of each month from May through October. The next one is scheduled for 6 Jul. (I won't make that one, however, since it's opposite NCMCC's All American Car Show in Loveland. Anyone else planning to attend that one?)

im going to the all american car show in loveland , this weekend , arapahoe college in littleton , good guys in loveland , and im going to the FOMOCO car show on sunday , in golden . lots to do and no time to do them

I'm sorry to hear that, Phil, and wish you a speedy recovery.

The First and Main Saturday Car Shows are the on the first Saturday of each month from May through October. The next one is scheduled for 6 Jul. (I won't make that one, however, since it's opposite NCMCC's All American Car Show in Loveland. Anyone else planning to attend that one?)

SD,

You MUST hit "The Ultimate Cruise" up in Golden. I think it's also the first Sat. of each month but it's WILD.

Get there early if you want to park/people watch. Get there late if you want to cruise.

We got a few CSBC members together last year (or was it year before) and had a GREAT time. We got there late so had to park off the beaten path and walk the cruise but that was cool, got to see all the hotrods up close and personal.

Anyone else?

Phill

Hey Everyone,

SHELBYTRADE_zpsbf68a2dd.jpg

Awesome colors... Congrats!

SD,

You MUST hit "The Ultimate Cruise" up in Golden. I think it's also the first Sat. of each month but it's WILD.

Get there early if you want to park/people watch. Get there late if you want to cruise.

We got a few CSBC members together last year (or was it year before) and had a GREAT time. We got there late so had to park off the beaten path and walk the cruise but that was cool, got to see all the hotrods up close and personal.

Anyone else?

Phill

Thanks, Phill! I am definitely up for this. Unfortunately, the next one conflicts with NCMCC's All American Car Show in Loveland for which I'm already registered. Will have to keep it in mind for August...

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Here's the events we're going to in the next month, so it you see the car, stop by so we can meet.

1 - Littleton Cruise, Littleton tonight

2 - GoodGuys in Loveland: All American Day on Sunday, June 9th.

3 - All American Car Show in Loveland, July 6th.

4 - Golden Super Cruise in Golden, July 6th

5 - Shelby Breakfast Club Event, Castle Pines, July 13.

6 - Littleton Cruise, Littleton, July 13th

I have 216 miles on the car. Initial impressions: it's a Supercar and a working man's price. SVT / Shelby did a fantastic job engineering and assembling this vehicle. Only disappointment so far is the lack of supercharger / air intake sounds when you are in boost. The Saleen was so noisy in comparison, GT just roars!

Thanks, Phill! I am definitely up for this. Unfortunately, the next one conflicts with NCMCC's All American Car Show in Loveland for which I'm already registered. Will have to keep it in mind for August...

Here's the events we're going to in the next month, so it you see the car, stop by so we can meet.

Color me stupid and thanks to MOUNT-N-SLOT for making me look more closely at the Super Cruise Webs site to see there is no schedule conflict between it and the All American Show on 6 Jul. Now planning to hit both...

Tony,

Did you fall off the list? You should get in touch with Mick if so. Yes, been very active lately. There have been events every month. Just a couple weeks ago we spent the morning at the Harrison Hot Rod collection in Littleton. Amazing display of cars, and then we had a great lunch at a very nice location just across from Arapahoe Community College. After that, I went over the Phil Long and bought my new Roush Mustang. So that was on May 11th. There are events planned for both June and July already.

I just messaged Mick on Facebook. He said that you are still on the e-mail distribution. He is sending you an e-mail now, you may want to look for it to make sure that you are getting his messages. :)

PM sent. I never got a message so his domain may have gotten on to the spam block list from Earthlink (who hosts our domain).

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I have 216 miles on the car. Initial impressions: it's a Supercar and a working man's price. SVT / Shelby did a fantastic job engineering and assembling this vehicle. Only disappointment so far is the lack of supercharger / air intake sounds when you are in boost. The Saleen was so noisy in comparison, GT just roars!

Add to this the "Coolest Car Show In Colorado" (really, that's what they call it) in Estes Park on 4-July.

I'll be at the Good Guys tomorrow (Sunday) bright and early, at Estes on the 4th and at the All America on 6-Jul.

I've also heard that the City of Longmont is reintroducing their Friday Night Cruises on Main Street (287), but I don't have the details.

Going down to wash and clean the inside of the GT now...

1 - Tri-Lakes Cruisers 2013 Benefit Car Show, Monument, 9 Jun

2 - POSSIBLE Coolest Car Show In Colorado, Estes Park, 4 Jul

3 - All American Car Show, Loveland, 6 Jul

4 - Golden Super Cruise, Golden, 6 Jul

5 - Shelby Breakfast Club Event, Castle Pines & Rock House, 13 Jul

I look forward to putting faces (and cars) with names...

Archived