TEAM SHELBY FORUM

oil sep for 624 hp 2013 gt 350 where to put?

• 2 weeks later...

your early 2013 GT350 came with the GT350 side badges right? can you post a picture so I can see where they mounted them at.. thx

• 2 months later...

Interesting, thanks.

I'll have to go pop the hood on mine and see how this would work.

This looks more complicated than I initially thought. I see you changed some anles of the hose hookups.

Plug and play would have been nice.

A green belt? I hadn't seen one before.

it was plug and play for me as the Speed Shop did the oil separator install - using JLT products (you can see this set up on the JLT website, although I'm not advocating one brand of oil separator over another)

either way, it's not complicated to do yourself - less than an hour, all in

green Gates belt is due to the 10 rib FRPP pulley system (less likely to belt slip at WOT)

Purchase a 180 degree model and our Passenger Side Hose Kit. That is it, takes 10 minutes to install.

Jer

Thanks Jer. I have the separator itself that I ordered from you a couple months back.

I will be in Vegas next week. Would like to meet you either this Monday or next Thursday.

Can I just pick up the hoses when I'm there?

Thanks Jer, that sounds like what I want, instructions included I hope?

Yes, although it's VERY simple and obvious. You won't need them.

Jer

Thanks Jer. I have the separator itself that I ordered from you a couple months back.

I will be in Vegas next week. Would like to meet you either this Monday or next Thursday.

Can I just pick up the hoses when I'm there?

Cool. See you then.

Call the order in, speak to Tim Hill. Then he will know to put them aside for your visit.

We have no official "will-call" procedure yet.

Jer

• 1 month later...

I got my oil separators installed yesterday while the car was being tuned.

It did involve getting a different connector to do the passenger side the way it was done.

No brackets were needed and they seem pretty sturdy.

Take a look:

OilSeparators_zps550e9d7e.jpg

BTW, how tight should the 2 pieces of the separator body be screwed together.

Should they be just tight enough not to crush or distort the O ring?

Yup, I would use the word "snug".

Jer

• 6 months later...

I got my oil separators installed yesterday while the car was being tuned.

It did involve getting a different connector to do the passenger side the way it was done.

No brackets were needed and they seem pretty sturdy.

Take a look:

OilSeparators_zps550e9d7e.jpg

Looking at doing this for my GT350, but looks like lots of cutting, etc here on those hard tubes. Does the GT500 hose kit (passenger and driver's side) work here or do you have to get the "universal" one and cut?

The oil separator on the driver's side is always dry and it never has to catch anything.

After seeing this, it was unnecessary for my application to have that one installed.

It looks nice though.

Thanks for that, but is the passenger side one worth doing?

There is a long discussion on these in the Ford GT forum. My understanding of the PCV system is as follows. This applies to the 5.4L (the GT and GT500 are similar) and 5.8L (it's still 5.4 based).

In your system you will have two PCV valves, one for each valve cover. One will have a pipe coming from or near the air intake. This is an intake side (low pressure side, it supplies air to the engine). The other will vent into the area near the supercharger input (throttle body). THis is the high pressure, exhaust, side.

The high pressure side will have the excess oil that will find its way to the intercooler. On my GT I had to have the S/C repaired and when I removed it I could see a little oil on the intercooler and on the gaskets. Not very much though.

So the reality is, with one side being intake and the other side exhaust, my intuition tells me that if you have oil on the intake side you've got a much bigger problem than a catch can will be able to take are of, and is the primary reason most of them will have one side empty.

The exhaust side

The passenger side traps some but no as much as I would have thought.

However, that said, the oil it catches looks to be slightly dirtier than the rest of the engine oil.

I'm going to keep mine in place because I don't like the look of the oil that the separator is catching and feel good it is not going into the in take in the amounts it was before.

Archived