TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Black on Chrome

the rear wheels where the lug nuts go are not recessed as much as the fronts, is that normal?

That doesn't look right.

Is the lug nut shoulder up against the outside edge of the hole or is the tapered part bottomed in the wheel?

Phill

Just put this on, they are from Trueforgedwheels. I think they look great. Steve the rear wheels where the lug nuts go are not recessed as much as the fronts, is that normal? What does everyone think.

That doesn't look right.

Is the lug nut shoulder up against the outside edge of the hole or is the tapered part bottomed in the wheel?

Wheels look good, but I agree with Phill... Those lugs don't look right at all.

The taper of the lug not is seated against the wheel. The other side is the same way. Steve from Trueforgedwheels is this correct?

I would not drive the vehicle until you get this straightened out with your wheel dealer. You can damage the wheels and studs and in extreme cases can even cause stud failure and wheel separation. Be careful until you get this squared away.

Nothing looks better on a black car/truck than chrome wheels. Only other option IMO are gloss black wheels with a polished lip.

Those wheels look great on your car!!

IMO chrome wheels looks great on any color...not to diss on anyone but black wheels just makes any car look like a police car or taxi cab JMHO.

The problem is the hub has to be much thicker for the front wheels versus the rear wheels. This is done to achieve the necessary clearance for the 15" Brembo brake calipers. The studs are only so long to protrude through the hub of the wheel. This makes the front lug nuts recessed in the hub, while the rears are not.

Archived