TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got my 2014 GT500 ordered

Osso12

Hi guys... This is my first post.. I just wanted to pass along my experience today while out looking at a 2014... I dropped by Friendly Ford in Las Vegas who happened to have 3 Shelby's in stock... They have two 2014 and one 2013... The 2013 was on the showroom floor and the others were out baking in the 115 degree Vegas sun and rainstorms and sandstorms, i even saw cat prints on the hood....

Needless to say I was surprised and I mentioned it to the sales guy who did not lift an eyebrow...

So he proceeded to go on with his pitch and try to impress me with his knowledge of the car... he stated that the 2014 had 100 more horsepower than last years model......

The final sales price on all three cars was around 78k...due to them being limited editions..as stated by the "sales guy "....oh and all cars were equipped with Lo Jack as well...

I questioned him about the 2014 being limited edition and he stated that was because they are SVT cars....

I told him I was just at another dealership and was told I could order a new 2014 and get it at MSRP...equipped the same, which was everything but the clear roof....guy did not bat an eye...

Also told him that if I order a 70k car that I did not want it touched by anyone or dealer prepped...he said they have to prep all the cars as well as test drive them so they can make sure everything is tight, his own words....

He asked me what color I was looking for... I told him this color, mineral grey...

of course it was the one with the cat prints on the hood....

The other colors were a white one and a silver one...

The guy then asks me so what do ya think, you wanna work a deal on this one....

I walked away...

Hi guys... This is my first post.. I just wanted to pass along my experience today while out looking at a 2014... I dropped by Friendly Ford in Las Vegas who happened to have 3 Shelby's in stock... They have two 2014 and one 2013... The 2013 was on the showroom floor and the others were out baking in the 115 degree Vegas sun and rainstorms and sandstorms, i even saw cat prints on the hood....

Needless to say I was surprised and I mentioned it to the sales guy who did not lift an eyebrow...

So he proceeded to go on with his pitch and try to impress me with his knowledge of the car... he stated that the 2014 had 100 more horsepower than last years model......

The final sales price on all three cars was around 78k...due to them being limited editions..as stated by the "sales guy "....oh and all cars were equipped with Lo Jack as well...

I questioned him about the 2014 being limited edition and he stated that was because they are SVT cars....

I told him I was just at another dealership and was told I could order a new 2014 and get it at MSRP...equipped the same, which was everything but the clear roof....guy did not bat an eye...

Also told him that if I order a 70k car that I did not want it touched by anyone or dealer prepped...he said they have to prep all the cars as well as test drive them so they can make sure everything is tight, his own words....

He asked me what color I was looking for... I told him this color, mineral grey...

I walked away...

Unfortunately, that's the rule, not the exception. My ideal car purchase is the one that I spend the least amount of time talking to sales guy possible. That's one reason I love Ford. Other than SVT vehicles, i can walk into just about any dealer, and all I need to know is -"will you honor X-plan"? If not, im out. I don't need to be told how good a car or truck is. If im there to buy it, chances are REALLY good i know more about it than anyone there.

I walked away...

You obviously have a mind of your own and did what was in your best interest. Most people who work for a car dealer are morons who can't cut it anywhere else other than possibly a fast food joint. Car dealers have a well earned, horrible reputation and stereotype. This starts from the owners of these places on down. Take a look at BBB ratings and frequencies of complaints and you will see what foul vermin these people really are. It is unfortunate that a guy willing to commit to a 60 or 70 thousand dollar purchase like yourself is subjected to that type of greaseball treatment. The "salesman" that wasted your time probably has a GED at best and very well could have been slingin' hash at Bobs Big Boy last week.

We have a Black GT500 coupe with 821A SVT Performance, Track Package, electronics package, and low gloss black stripes. 3 miles, available now for $64,425 outside of Atlanta. You can email me at viperjared@gmail.com with questions or if I can help in any way. I also know where a few 13s are available for good deals including a Red Coupe and Black Convertible that I am not selling but would be happy to pass along the info about.

On a seperate note, I am sad to hear some of ya'lls experiences were so bad. Not surprised, but sad. Not all sales people are like Dufus described them as "horrible...foul vermin", but some do exist like that. Personally I have a degree and perfect 4.0 from an Ivy League school, graduated top my class from Medical Lab Technician school, was in the Army and Soldier of the year for my battalion and later my southeast region, was one of the youngest NCOIC ever in my medical field, etc. I can do just about anything (not bragging just stating facts and that I have the skills, knowledge, etc to work in many respectable fields) and I choose to sell cars because I enjoy the personal interaction, ability to help people, and variety that this business gives me including meeting/helping people from all over the world and the lifelong relationships and experiences I have gained from my global dealings. It is these same traits that drew/draws me to the medical field and plan on owning my own dealership or finish becoming a doctor in the future or possibly both. Enough about me though, this is about the GT500 and sharing information to help one another, I just wanted to share my personal information to hopefully show some that not all sales people are the same or just "GED having greaseballs". There are the good, the bad, and probably even the ugly just like the people in your respective fields or workplaces. Stepping off soap box now.

Let me know if I can help anyone, give advice, or can find some info for ya'll.-Jared O'Brien

post-41389-0-20730800-1373772396_thumb.jpg

post-41389-0-20730800-1373772396_thumb.jpg

I walked away...

Thus the reason they have 3 on the lot.

I have a great relationship with their service department.

The writer I deal with I have known for years, and he is a good friend of the owner. They actually service my work trucks and my GT 500.

I just can't bring myself to purchase a vehicle from them.

But it doesn't help that I have NO patience when it comes to a car salesman.

Sorry, no offense to any of you guys on here, I just know what I want when I come in and it is not BS.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I change the option on the order? After much research, I want to remove the Shaker Pro upgrade. Would it delay my order?

Not sure about that, but good call to delete it. Spend the $1000 on the aftermarket if you want to upgrade the stereo. You'll get better bang for your buck.

Can I change the option on the order? After much research, I want to remove the Shaker Pro upgrade. Would it delay my order?

You should be able to change anything, with the exception of body style, on your order up until the VIN is assigned, after that, it is a crap shoot.

My wife has always wanted a Shelby. I have admired them also and on Aug. 1, 2013 we went to a local dealership to look and test drive one. I knew they are a limited edition but was surprised to find out that the 14 positions open at the dealership to order one was already filled. There was a 2013 black one with black pin striping over the middle and had the Recaro seats we wanted. That is the one that my wife had been talking about and there it was on the lot. Since it was not possible to order one we decided to take this one as we would havbe lost out altogether. They are pricey but well worth it if one is a car person like we are. We had bought a 1968 Pontiac GTO in 1968 (new) and a few years ago it was stolen and trashed. It broke our hearts as we enjoyed taking it out and cruising. It was in very good shape too. It had the dual gate shifter but was an automatic. We still had the sports car in our blood and we are glad we decided to take the one that was on the lot that day. It is all about timing and we timed this just right. Unbelieveable the looks it gets. It has the SVT and is fully loaded.

I knew they are a limited edition but was surprised to find out that the 14 positions open at the dealership to order one was already filled. There was a 2013 black one with black pin striping over the middle and had the Recaro seats we wanted.

What dealership? Im surprised any dealer could possibly get 14 allocations.

Also, black pin striping over the middle? Pin stripes? Or the standard stripes from the factory?

Archived