TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got my 2014 GT500 ordered

Osso12

2014 Shelby GT500 black w/red stripes, recaros w/red accents, voice navigation,

SVT Performance Package. Dealer states unlike chevy, there is no way for the customer to track the vehicle ...is this true?

2014 Shelby GT500 black w/red stripes, recaros w/red accents, voice navigation,

SVT Performance Package. Dealer states unlike chevy, there is no way for the customer to track the vehicle ...is this true?

Congrats on your 2014 GT500. It's true that cannot track your GT500 in the same "up-to-date" status as a Camaro.

Once your dealer has the VIN number for your shelby you can call SVT @ 18003673788 and get updates from them. When you her the menu robot start speaking press 1. Then you give the guy on the phone the last 8 charaters of your VIN and he'll tell you where in the process you Shelby is!

Congrats.

Congrats on your order!

I ordered my 14 on April 11. I went in to dealer on May 24 to see if they had received a serial yet. They hadn't, but the guy checked something on his computer which said car was on material hold. Without knowing my serial I am assuming that material hold means for all 14's???

Once your dealer has the VIN number for your shelby you can call SVT @ 18003673788 and get updates from them. When you her the menu robot start speaking press 1. Then you give the guy on the phone the last 8 charaters of your VIN and he'll tell you where in the process you Shelby is!

Congrats.

Awesome!

Congrats on your order!

I ordered my 14 on April 11. I went in to dealer on May 24 to see if they had received a serial yet. They hadn't, but the guy checked something on his computer which said car was on material hold. Without knowing my serial I am assuming that material hold means for all 14's???

Could be anything... I wouldnt worry so much... The consensus is 10 wk build/ship time, think the plant closes for a few weeks in july...

Yes How do you know that SGT 4578?? I also know that you don't post stuff unless it correct.The reason I want to know is because the wife and I just placed a order in @ our local Ford dealership for a 2014 GT 500 and we were looking at taking it out for the Sturgis Mustang Rally on Lador Day weekend.Will I have the car by then???

Was told by a friend at Ford that mustangs are on material hold until August. Not sure as to why, just passing along info. His information has usually been spot on.

Edit: when I say Ford, I do not mean a stealership.

Ok then Snoopy49,I will just have to trust you guy's on this one.

Let me clarify my statement, as far as I know, Mustangs will continue to be produced throughout the 2014 MY. I heard the plant was suppose to be closing for at least 1 week for upgrades related to the Fusion.

Ford places all Mustang orders in a "In Order Processing" "Material Hold" status until they have the parts scheduled to build the car. The "In Order Processing" "Material Hold" status goes away when Ford confirms the order has an allocation and the parts will be available for production, the status is then changed to "In Order Processing" "Unscheduled - Clean". When the car has been assigned a build week, the status changes to "In Order Processing" "Scheduled to Week (Week of M/'D/Y)". Next step is "In Production" "Sent to Plant" and the order is sent to the plant for production.

All '14 Mustangs are on hold until August. Nothing is being built until then.

Wow, I just ordered a '14 myself. If the hold comes off in August, probably fair to say late September, early October before seeing it.

If you want to check on status of your order....you will need two pieces of info. Request a 'Vehicle Order Confirmation' from your dealer, I called my salesman and he sent a .pdf file while we were on the phone. On the VOC you will find the Dealer number and an Order number. Call SVT at 800-367-3788 and provide them with the Dealer number and order number to find out the latest info...you do not have to have a VIN to get an update. BTW...I ordered my on 11 May and called on 30 May. Was informed it is at Priority 19 Material Hold until they have all the parts and then the Priority code will go down, Should take another 3-weeks or so to get a VIN.

Wow. I have a build date of June 24th. If the article in the Detroit News above is true looks like I will get caught in the shut down. I am not happy about that! Has anyone gotten further confirmation on this?

Wow. I have a build date of June 24th. If the article in the Detroit News above is true looks like I will get caught in the shut down. I am not happy about that! Has anyone gotten further confirmation on this?

Your build sate will more than likely get pushed back 4 to 6 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived