TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Race N Rods at Laguna Seca

See the attached flyer for a great little car show and tickets to the race. There is a club attendance award as well. Would be cool if Team Shelby was the winner.

On Saturday, September 7 the Race ‘N’ Rod Nationals, presented by Mothers, will celebrate its fifth successful year as part of the Continental Tire Sports Car Festival, powered by Mazda. This event is a favorite with fans and features some of the most beautiful cars and trucks ever built and customized.

For $35 Race ‘N’ Rod participants receive two Saturday race day general admission tickets, a T-shirt, Poker Run, Mothers Goody Bag and an on-track parade lap.

Vehicles will be located in and around the Yamaha Marketplace from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. and will be judged in 16 different categories including ‘50s Pick, ‘60s Pick, ‘70s Pick, Best Paint, Classy Corvette, Cool Camaro, Fantastic Ford, GM Muscle, Krackin’ Kustom, Magnificent Mustang, Pro Street, Ridin’Low Low Rider, Rockin’ Roadster, Top Tri Five, Top Truck and Top Club (unique award for the most members from a specific car club).

Registration for the fifth annual Race ‘N’ Rod Nationals presented, by Mothers Polishes-Waxes-Cleaners, is available by filling out the attached flyer, calling 831-242-8227 or by emailing Nigel@MazdaRaceway.com

2013rrflier.pdf

2013rrflier.pdf

See the attached flyer for a great little car show and tickets to the race. There is a club attendance award as well. Would be cool if Team Shelby was the winner.

On Saturday, September 7 the Race ‘N’ Rod Nationals, presented by Mothers, will celebrate its fifth successful year as part of the Continental Tire Sports Car Festival, powered by Mazda. This event is a favorite with fans and features some of the most beautiful cars and trucks ever built and customized.

For $35 Race ‘N’ Rod participants receive two Saturday race day general admission tickets, a T-shirt, Poker Run, Mothers Goody Bag and an on-track parade lap.

Vehicles will be located in and around the Yamaha Marketplace from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. and will be judged in 16 different categories including ‘50s Pick, ‘60s Pick, ‘70s Pick, Best Paint, Classy Corvette, Cool Camaro, Fantastic Ford, GM Muscle, Krackin’ Kustom, Magnificent Mustang, Pro Street, Ridin’Low Low Rider, Rockin’ Roadster, Top Tri Five, Top Truck and Top Club (unique award for the most members from a specific car club).

Registration for the fifth annual Race ‘N’ Rod Nationals presented, by Mothers Polishes-Waxes-Cleaners, is available by filling out the attached flyer, calling 831-242-8227 or by emailing Nigel@MazdaRaceway.com

This is one of the best values for the buck in the Central Coast and Nor Cal area of California. I have been there the past two years and hope I can go again. The CHEVY group from San Jose has won the club award for the last two years. Lets try and get some FORDS there and TS members to get the club award. Please put this on your calendars if you live in the area.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just bumping this up for consideration. Come MM, rally the troops.

I will also be there working the race as a Grand Am official. I would be happy to set up a time for a tour of Roush Racing and some other teams if desired. Can also set up a tour of Grand Am operations and tech.

I will also be there working the race as a Grand Am official. I would be happy to set up a time for a tour of Roush Racing and some other teams if desired. Can also set up a tour of Grand Am operations and tech.

That sounds great Jeff. I'd be interested in all of the above!

That would be very cool Jeff. I was just thinking of sending you a PM to see if you were coming out this year. Last year a brief meet but cool non the less. Let us know what time would work. The event is on the 7th. Not sure what time the parade laps are. Heck, you might know that :)

It looks like your parade laps will be at 12:30. It looks like my day is solidly booked from 1:35 through about 9:00 pm I may not have to work the pits through all of the Rolex practice in the afternoon, so may get some time there. During the 4:30 USF2000 race, I'll be doing Continental post qualifying tech so will be booked then. We may have to play it by ear again like last year as Saturday is very busy for me looking at the schedule. Harald, is your cell number the same? I can contact you when I have a break. Do you still have my cell?

You can usually find me somewhere around the Grand-Am truck, which is always at the top of the pit area. Our tech garages are always the first two at the top of the hill in the paddock.

Grand Am schedule which shows your parade lap times. I'm sure this is a final schedule at this point.

http://www.grand-am.com/Portals/0/grandam/12%20-%20Laguna/2013LagunaOfficialsched%20%20081913.pdf

It looks like your parade laps will be at 12:30. It looks like my day is solidly booked from 1:35 through about 9:00 pm I may not have to work the pits through all of the Rolex practice in the afternoon, so may get some time there. During the 4:30 USF2000 race, I'll be doing Continental post qualifying tech so will be booked then. We may have to play it by ear again like last year as Saturday is very busy for me looking at the schedule. Harald, is your cell number the same? I can contact you when I have a break. Do you still have my cell?

You can usually find me somewhere around the Grand-Am truck, which is always at the top of the pit area. Our tech garages are always the first two at the top of the hill in the paddock.

Grand Am schedule which shows your parade lap times. I'm sure this is a final schedule at this point.

http://www.grand-am.com/Portals/0/grandam/12%20-%20Laguna/2013LagunaOfficialsched%20%20081913.pdf

Sent you a PM with number, should be the same.

Archived