TEAM SHELBY FORUM

7 hour paint detail

Wow, this was a labor of love. 7 hours of detailing over 2 days. Wash car, clay bar entire car (I was surprised how many contaminates I picked up and removed in such a short while. I was going to skip this step, but glad I didn't), Machine polish entire car, machine glaze, wax. She is flawless now.

IMG_20130527_162405.jpg

IMG_20130527_170255.jpg

No orange peel, no swirls...perfectly clear undistorted reflection.

Nice job and looks great. I know how hard it is to keep a black car looking beautiful. I did mine like that spending as much time over a couple days before Carlisle last year. Looked great. Unfortunately the black now needs attention again. Not going to go through that again till later in the year before the Woodward Dream Cruise.

You got lucky I did that to my Shelby and it took about that long just to tape off the strips LOL

Your car looks nice I use a blower to dry off my cars. The more you wipe on them the more swirl marks you will end up with. I have a Taurus SHO and after a year and 4 months its vertually swirl free. Just a suguestion

I've thought of using my leaf blower, but I never really get the car too dirty to wash with a hose - just dusty (since it's black). As for tape, yes, I taped all the plastic and rubber trim as well as the chrome emblems/trim, etc. It was so boring doing that part and took a LONG time.

Here in MN, many of us love our Wizards products. It's a local company and typically you can't find OTC - they are usually selling at car shows and the like. I used the Megs UC because it's 1/3 the cost of the Wizards equivalent and I had some laying around I need to use up.

• 2 months later...

your car looks so good. I don't have the time or talent to do such a great job. I found a pro though. anyone interested check this site

and look under featured details. its simply amazing. www.restorationautodetail.com he featured my mach 1 and 06H0235. he just finished my 07

pics not posted yet, but I am sure they are coming.

love clean black cars! i must admit, i never heard of that stuff you're using (wizards??).....and I've used a lot of stuff. I mean, I've tried it all.

We use it here at SA.

Jer

The clay bars will come with all you need in the package to use. Just follow instructions. Wash car then use the liquid provided with the clay bar to lubricate the area before you start using the bar itself. And most importantly, if you drop the clay bar on the floor, throw it away, no matter how clean you think it is.

Archived