TEAM SHELBY FORUM

275/40's all around...

judgeman6970

Finally decided on tires/sizes for my '11 SVT GT500, and got them mounted/balanced this week. Went with something a little different, 275/40's all around, 19" fronts & 20" rears. May not be everyone's taste, but for me, it worked out perfectly. Front & rear fender gaps, sidewall heights, clearances and overall ride quality are all just the way I like them. Not sure how they will "hook-up", but they should be on par with the 285 goodyears, and either way, I'm not really much of a street-racer anyway.....

post-25069-0-84649300-1369604136_thumb.jpg

post-25069-0-48404500-1369604203_thumb.jpg

Personally, I love it. I like the looks of having the taller sidewall!! I did my 2005 with 275's and 295's, in 20 inch and love the stance, and the fact that I actually have sidewall.....

Very nice, IMHO...... :wub2:

Mike

Toyos007Large.jpg

Thanks guys. I was little concerned about going up 3/4" in the rear tire diameter, but it seems to look "correct" for the car. It fills the wheelwell & hasnt given me any problem with the abs light. And best of all is the ride...smooth & quiet, but still firm & planted to the road...100% satisfied...

• 5 months later...

Hi Judgeman,

I have a 2012 SVTP that I need to make a rubber change on. Did you just mount those new tires to the exact same rims without modification? I think I have the same rims and would love to find a solution to just mount that size rubber without having to change offsets or rim width.

Thanks,

Mitch

Finally decided on tires/sizes for my '11 SVT GT500, and got them mounted/balanced this week. Went with something a little different, 275/40's all around, 19" fronts & 20" rears. May not be everyone's taste, but for me, it worked out perfectly. Front & rear fender gaps, sidewall heights, clearances and overall ride quality are all just the way I like them. Not sure how they will "hook-up", but they should be on par with the 285 goodyears, and either way, I'm not really much of a street-racer anyway.....

I think that tire set-up looks Great!

R

Hi Judgeman,

I have a 2012 SVTP that I need to make a rubber change on. Did you just mount those new tires to the exact same rims without modification? I think I have the same rims and would love to find a solution to just mount that size rubber without having to change offsets or rim width.

Thanks,

Mitch

Hi Mitch. Yes, I just mounted these tires to the stock svtpp rims. They actually fit better than oem because all 4 rims are 9.5" wide & the tires are the same width(275) all around. Clearance is no problem, even in the rear with the extra height. The only issue is finding a tire you like that offers these sizes(Hankook, General, and bfg maybe??). I went with the hankook evo's...

Archived