TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does anyone know the SVTPP or M-5300-L Spring Rates?

I have a set of 2012 SVTPP strut/shock and spring takeoffs on my 2014 GT/TP and it sits pretty much exactly where it did from the factory, maybe a hair lower in the rear. I was wondering what these spring rates are as, if I lower the car, I'd prefer to use GT drop springs designed for the weight of my car as opposed to L springs, which may make my car reverse-rake due to the lighter nose. I just fear that FRPP P-Springs may be too stiff or soft for these shocks. Thanks in advance.

I have a set of 2012 SVTPP strut/shock and spring takeoffs on my 2014 GT/TP and it sits pretty much exactly where it did from the factory, maybe a hair lower in the rear. I was wondering what these spring rates are as, if I lower the car, I'd prefer to use GT drop springs designed for the weight of my car as opposed to L springs, which may make my car reverse-rake due to the lighter nose. I just fear that FRPP P-Springs may be too stiff or soft for these shocks. Thanks in advance.

Did you factor in that the GT500 has a heavier motor vs the Mustang GT's 5.0?

Did you factor in that the GT500 has a heavier motor vs the Mustang GT's 5.0?

I did. And the SVTPP has taller tires. I'm not asking about drop heights. I'm asking about spring rates because the SVTPP shocks that I have on the car are designed to work with the SVTPP or L Spring rates, but I'm considering putting P springs on the car and I want to make sure I'm not going to be too stiff or soft for the shocks.

P springs will set my ride height right as they were designed for the weight of a GT. However, this all may be moot. Someone on TMS is putting L springs on their GT. If the car isn't reverse raked, then I'm going to go that route and not worry about it.

Archived