TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I don't know about you 2011-2012 GT350 owners but as an owner of a 2013 GT350 Conv. I am quite annoyed with the Borla exhaust! Its very loud and with a Conv. its even worse and then to find out I am not the first one to change from the Borla's. I haven't done it yet but it will happen because they are just too loud. You also have to modify the tips because you will need to reuse them

My GT350 is too loud, too fast and too expensive and I am too old to care! It sounds like it is supposed to, just like the glass pack resonators on my original 1966 GT350. If you want quiet, try a standard Mustang 6 cyl. I love the Shelby salute every time I start the car and put the nearby Prius alarms in agony mode. B)

My GT350 is too loud, too fast and too expensive and I am too old to care! It sounds like it is supposed to, just like the glass pack resonators on my original 1966 GT350. If you want quiet, try a standard Mustang 6 cyl. I love the Shelby salute every time I start the car and put the nearby Prius alarms in agony mode. B)

there is a difference between too loud and too annoying! You may not have same exhaust on your 2011 and telling me to buy a 6-banger I don't find funny. You even one of those annoying rice rockets with the 6" mufflers go whizing by you and think 'how stupid' and again you don't have a Convertible either. Eventually I will get to Oahu and don't want to be overwhelmed by the exhaust when driving around with the top down.

Exhaust noise is a personal preference, like most things about cars. I have two cars, a '67 Corvette and a '70 AAR 'Cuda, that have factory correct side exhaust with little to no muffler effect. They are loud, especially when you get on it, as of course you do with these cars, I like that for cruising stop light Grand Prixs and short distance driving. My ZR1 is deathly quite, no hint there is 638 HP under there, I like that for long distance driving, and the NPP exhaust has a controller to open it to loud if you want, very handy, something Shelby should think about. I once knew a guy who bought a '68 1/2 Cobra Jet fastback, a new Scott Fuller exact factory exhaust system was installed to replace the glass packs, at great expense. When the car was sold, the new owner ripped it all out and put glass packs back in, saying he wanted it to sound like a powerful muscle car, not a sewing machine. To each his won.

You are right about personal choice. But it does take some responsibility. I do not try to annoy the neighbors or wake their kids when leaving the house. If I have an early departure due to car show, I try to warn them a few days in advance. Strangely, the most elderly and/or snobby neighbors are the ones that actually enjoy the sound! It reminds them of an earlier time when they had family members that used to race cars.

Sometimes I can blame the sound on the on gals down the street with the Harley bike or the kid across the way with the phart can rice rocket (too darn many in this town and they do sound annoying). The GT350 sounds way better than either one.

The exhaust on the 525 and 624 models sound about the same. The sound from the N/A models sounded a bit quieter when I heard them on the tracks. But that could be from my poor sense of hearing.

Wow...with all of the information that has been put out on the GT350, written, audio and video, much of which specifically commenting on the sound of the car, I'm surprised that anyone would be caught off-guard by the Borla exhaust. There was even an extensive article done on the time Borla spent on computer research recreating the sound of the original GT350.

Every time I get together with my Cobra friends, I envy their exhaust sounds! IMHO, you are fortunate to be able to experience even more of the Borla sound when you drop the top. Just sayin'.....

John

Wow...with all of the information that has been put out on the GT350, written, audio and video, much of which specifically commenting on the sound of the car, I'm surprised that anyone would be caught off-guard by the Borla exhaust. There was even an extensive article done on the time Borla spent on computer research recreating the sound of the original GT350.

Every time I get together with my Cobra friends, I envy their exhaust sounds! IMHO, you are fortunate to be able to experience even more of the Borla sound when you drop the top. Just sayin'.....

John

Yea; I thought Carroll Shelby specified the exhaust to sound exactly like the old version, and therefor they had to work hard to get it that way.

ok some of you can't read between the lines... I did not say it was a terrible sounding exhaust its just with a CONVERTIBLE its very loud that's it. If I were driving this car everyday I would have changed it 4 months ago! I may not change it at all I was saying this based on first impression. For whom said this sounds like a 65 GT350 not even close. We all can agree when the rice rockets are driving with these 5" 6" turbo tips and that annoying sound I just don't want my Mustang doing this.

Personally Spintech has the best sound of any exhaust on the market

Archived