TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stay away from auctions....if you are selling

blk12svt

Yeah, it can be all about who's on hand that day. Sometimes it only takes two people for values to go crazy but, as often as not, cars that can still be gotten from dealers do poorly - usually better at Manheim as a piece of rolling stock rather than a collectible - which current-generation GT500's simply aren't.

It doesn't help that lots of people are still trading their '07-'12s for '13s and '14s.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is the closest I could find in the results, couldn't find a 2011 at all - this one is gray with I believe white stripes

Lot S58.1 2010 Ford Mustang GT500 Coupe

Sold Price: $30,000

DESCRIPTION

- 6,355 miles

- Car speaks for itself

- Light strip

- Rebuilt title

What should be full results are listed here:

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/consignment_list_p.cfm?AUCTION_ID=SC0513&consignday=All&type=text&lottype=

This is the closest I could find in the results, couldn't find a 2011 at all - this one is gray with I believe white stripes

Lot S58.1 2010 Ford Mustang GT500 Coupe

Sold Price: $30,000

DESCRIPTION

- 6,355 miles

- Car speaks for itself

- Light strip

- Rebuilt title

What should be full results are listed here:

http://www.mecum.com...e=text&lottype=

That would explain the low selling price.

Has to be the same car but would have swore it said it was an 11. Glad to hear that it was a rebuild/salvage title. I was thinking 1/2 the price of new in only two years depreciation... My wife was about to kill me after seeing that especially since we have a 14 on order...

I've been watching quite a bit of Fast & Loud and Chasing Classic Cars on TV where they sell quite a few of their cars at different auctions. The guys on these shows almost always seem to get way less than they wanted/expected for the cars. Also never understand whey they (sellers) would remove the reserve. Seen it where the bid is a few thousand less than the reserve and they talk the seller into removing the reserve thinking the bids will start to go up just because of that. It never seems to work. The bidding stays exactly where it was.

Archived