TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 GT500 Shelby Signed Dash Plaque - Real or Autopen?

Hi Everyone,

A new Shelby GT350 owner, that I knew from work, told me that all the Dash Plaques that were ever made for our GT500’s were done with an auto pen!? Is that true?

I ordered my plaque in 2007 shortly after I picked up my SVT#12 2007 GT500 in Ohio…from Port Clinton Ford who bought it at an auction at Ford.

I think he is incorrect but he usually has good information with regards to anything relating to Shelby.

Thanks for any information / proof that he is incorrect.

MSB Mustang / Mark

Hi Everyone,

A new Shelby GT350 owner, that I knew from work, told me that all the Dash Plaques that were ever made for our GT500’s were done with an auto pen!? Is that true?

I ordered my plaque in 2007 shortly after I picked up my SVT#12 2007 GT500 in Ohio…from Port Clinton Ford who bought it at an auction at Ford.

I think he is incorrect but he usually has good information with regards to anything relating to Shelby.

Thanks for any information / proof that he is incorrect.

MSB Mustang / Mark

Your friend is either mistaken or is lying to you as long as we are talking about a plaque ordered/obtained thru Shelby American. Your autographed plaque should have come with an COA from either the CS Foundation or Shelby Automobiles.

Steve

post-8918-0-31729100-1368822490_thumb.gif Hi Everyone,

My plaque was ordered in July 2007 from Shelby Automobiles, sales@shelbyautos.com. I have heard back from Shelby American Registry and they say my order was way to early in the process to find and the company has changed hands twice since then.

I do have my copy of the online sales receipt from sales@shelbyautos.com so I guess that will have to be enough for me. I am certain I never received a certificate like the one in Steve's email above when I received my plaque and door sills back in 2007.

Did anyone else order their plaque from Shelby Automobiles, sales@shelbyautos.com back in July or August 2007? It is very unsettling that the records from one company were not transferred to the next one…but not surprising. Best 2007 GT500 Regards MSB Mustang / Mark

post-8918-0-31729100-1368822490_thumb.gif

I bought my 2008 GT500 from a local Ford dealer in October or November 2007. I ordered the signed dash plaque with inscribed VIN & door sills together directly from SA a couple months after I got the car - I think in January 2008. My plaque came with a Certificate of Authenticity along with everything else just like Steve described. Mr. Shelby was in his late 80's at the time, although I never had the honor of meeting him in person, I was grateful to have a piece of his legacy attached to my car.

Turbo GT,

Does your plaque look like the pic of mine? Click on the small pic at the top of my last post to see it better.

Archived