TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Original Dealer?

I just purchased GT-C # 0031 and would like to trace it's history. Does anyone know which dealers in southern California dealers got which numbers? I know the previous owner, but not the first owner. My car was originally titled in North Miami Beach, Fl.!? Thanks

Yes send me an email and I'll try to assist. Keep in mind though sometimes the dealership we shipped the car to wasn't always the selling dealer.

Steve

The Ford dealer that I service the the car with was able to pull that info up somehow using the VIN (unless they just lied to me).

I just purchased GT-C # 0031 and would like to trace it's history. Does anyone know which dealers in southern California dealers got which numbers? I know the previous owner, but not the first owner. My car was originally titled in North Miami Beach, Fl.!? Thanks

Congrats, great first Shelby!

Any ford dealer (where you take it for service) should be able to pull an OASIS report on it. That should have the Info about who placed it into service (warranty start)

As mentioned dealers do trade cars between themselves - ever bought a car with the sticker in another dealers name? - so the dealer that put it in service might not be original delivery. It would be unusual though for a Florida dealer to trade with a dealer in California (for example). Such trades are usually close since they don't make much money having to do long distance transports

Any ford dealer (where you take it for service) should be able to pull an OASIS report on it. That should have the Info about who placed it into service (warranty start)

As mentioned dealers do trade cars between themselves - ever bought a car with the sticker in another dealers name? - so the dealer that put it in service might not be original delivery. It would be unusual though for a Florida dealer to trade with a dealer in California (for example). Such trades are usually close since they don't make much money having to do long distance transports

Except that we are talking about a Shelby GT-C which was only available in California. So if a Florida dealer wanted to get a hold of a GT-C, then a dealer trade was necessary. Same with those non-Arizona dealers that got their hands on a Barrett Jackson Shelby.

Steve

Archived