TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ruby red w/ black stripes?

dffej51

Ok, I have narrowed down my color choices for my GT500 order on Monday and I am now leaning toward Ruby Red with Black stripes (saw this combo on a video comparing a GT 500 to a Roush RS3).The video was indoors and somewhat dark however. Does anyone have this color combination who can post a good picture in the day light? Thanks guys.

Well Ruby is very close to the 2013 Candy red. I absolutely love mine with black stripes. Good luck with the decision, but I think you are on the right track.

Ruby really is not as close to candy as you think.

If you have them both side by side the Ruby has much more red in it and is dramically deeper looking than the candy.

Similair when you see both at a different time but big difference when side by side.

Thanks for posting that, interesting how different they look in that pic, but when my buddy's GT is parked right next to my Shelby, it looks nowhere near that different. Also, in this pic, look how light the Candy looks (on the right) compared to how dark it looks in my sig. I did not edit that pic at all.

Either way, both are beautiful in my humble opinion.

Thanks for posting that, interesting how different they look in that pic, but when my buddy's GT is parked right next to my Shelby, it looks nowhere near that different. Also, in this pic, look how light the Candy looks (on the right) compared to how dark it looks in my sig. I did not edit that pic at all.

Either way, both are beautiful in my humble opinion.

Totally agree both are great colors........................

yup lighting has allot to do with it.

My ruby changes how dark it is depnding what light it is in.

That's why that picture is a good example of the difference.(Same lighting same camera.)

The ruby seems to have more Red in it the candy has more silver base in it.(my take)

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally made my decision and ordered ruby red w/black stripes. This is an awsome color combination. I almost order the deep impact blue w/white stripes as the pictures I saw on line looked great and they are traditional Shelby colors. However, when I finally saw the DIB in person, it looks nothing like the pictures on line and is definitely not a blue that looks like the traditional colors that I would want on my Shelby. Now I have to wait 3 months for delivery ugh!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived