TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It is hard to believe it's been 1 Year since Carroll's Passing

David Hawkins

Sad to say; I know where I was today a year ago before I found out. Always will.

Same here, I was working on another Proposal to send him, and I remember the Phone Call I got just a couple of hours after his passing. I never finished the Proposal.

Last night on the Velocity Channel they had a 4 part series a total of 6 hrs on the life of Carroll Shelby. It was very detailed. It was very detailed with lots of interviews with Carroll and others. It was really cool to see it on the anniversary of his passing.

The wife and I took the Shelby out yesterday and had a nice long ride as we talked about his life and all that he had seen and done, he had a good life.

Won 2nd place at a car show in Va Beach yesterday. They lumped 05-13 Shelby's,Boss,Saleen in one class. There were 32 cars total. A 12 Red GT500 won the class and best of show. A strong testament to the brand. A couple of us Shelby guys gave a loud exhaust salute to the man. RIP Mr. Shelby. This may be my last show in my Shelby GT. I bought a 2008 GT500KR #664. Pretty cool I finalized the deal on this notorious Shelby day! I will post pictures when I get her home. The GT will likely be for sale. That is the sad part.

In Honolulu, a dozen Cobras and Shelby Mustangs assembled on the bay near where Shelby stayed when he and Cleo visited in 1998. At 1 PM California time, we all did a momentous Rev Salute. My wife was on the lanai at our house about 1.5 miles across the bay and despite construction noise from jack hammers and drills at the home construction next door, she hear the grand sound of our Tribute. B)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived