TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Installed my LED fog light bulbs today-pictures

Installed my LED fog light bulbs today. I had to replace my front spoiler that was damaged in shipping my car a 1 1/2 yrs ago. The shipping company bought me a replacement. So I went to my friends shop to borrow a hoist and swap the spoiler and fog light bulbs. Turned out pretty good. The new bulbs look awesome!! No more yellow fogs!! I got them on ebay. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/190791713446?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649IMAG3661_zps3d1d9fa1.jpgIMAG3662_zps4d30d5cb.jpgIMAG3668_zps7a0d1639.jpgIMAG3669_zps0b1af1f6.jpgIMAG3672_zps189b0f19.jpg

• 5 months later...

I bought the same LEDs about a month ago, I really like them although they do look a bit more blue than the headlights. Maybe because the Kona blue reflects from where the fog lights are recessed? Here is the eBay item number that I used to purchase the LEDs - 190791713446.

The description is 7.5 watt, 6000k high power smd bright white. The number on the packaging itself was H16 5202 5201. They were super easy to install using the wheel well method.

Hope this helps! Erin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Installed these bulbs in my 2012 and now my headlights look like they are halogens....what's up with that? Did you upgrade your headlights too?

Is there a headlamp upgrade?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought the same LEDs about a month ago, I really like them although they do look a bit more blue than the headlights. Maybe because the Kona blue reflects from where the fog lights are recessed? Here is the eBay item number that I used to purchase the LEDs - 190791713446.

The description is 7.5 watt, 6000k high power smd bright white. The number on the packaging itself was H16 5202 5201. They were super easy to install using the wheel well method.

Hope this helps! Erin

Is there a write up for the wheel well method? I picked up bulbs to replace and returned cause looked like I had to remove the lower bumper :(

I don't remember where I read about going thru the wheel well for installing fog light bulbs...I had a friend do it for me, I turned the wheels all the way to one side to improve access, and he pulled away the corner of the plastic in the wheel well, just enough to squeeze in his hand and unplugged the old bulb (one came out easily, the other not so much!), and plugged in the new bulb. No tools used. Sorry I can't give you more detailed info, but it took about 10 min to do both lights. If I find the site where I originally read about it, I'll post it.

The wheel well method is what I have always used to change the corner lights on my earlier Mustangs...(05 and 08) I cannot imagine the fogs on the Shelby would be much different.

Crank the wheels to the opposite side you are working on. You will see something like this...

smokedcorners015Large.jpg

Remove the wheel well screws you can see, and peel back the plastic. That will expose the lights and sockets for the side you are working on....

smokedcorners017Large.jpg

Mike

ok so I did this install a few months back... today I notice the tips of both bulbs setting in the bottom of the fixture unscrewed from the LED portion... lights still work but UGH really... anyone else have this issue... take a look and see if there is a lil silver and glass tip sitting in the bottom of your light...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi ; just installed my fogs as described in this post. 1 PROBLEM WAS THE NEW LEDS would not clip on to the housing.After considerable fooling around ; the fix is to spread the outer clips at the top and bottom of the bulb with needle nose pliers.These plastic clips are not molded perfectly and had to be squished slightly to fit.Just look at the oems you pull out and you will see the difference.

Whole job took 1.5 hrs .I used a jack to elevate the car on each side and took off 5 bolts each side of the splitter.It does look good.

One of the caps on one of my fog light LED's came off as well. Removed the bulb then used a piece of stiff wire with some sticky sealer on the end to fish the cap out of the fog light shell. The cap and the body of the base holding the LED's are aluminum and are threaded. I put a dab of loctite on the threads, screwed the cap back on and the reinstalled the LED bulb. All is well now ?

• 1 month later...

Archived