TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Underhood Sticker Placement

flip78

Quick question: What is the proper placement of the Shelby under hood sticker for a '07 Shelby GT? I am the original owner of #1561 and the sticker was omitted during conversion. Gary was kind enough to be sure I got one. Does it go directly over the Ford sticker? If there is another thread that answers this will someone be kind enough to point me there? post-9636-0-46245600-1367952160_thumb.jpg

post-9636-0-46245600-1367952160_thumb.jpg

Are you referring to the label plate with the CSM#?

Look at the photo in the first post.

Thanks for the replies. I put it directly over the Ford sticker. It seems many of the early to mid build 07s did not get the sticker applied during the Shelby conversion in LV. I simply used the "contact us" link, supplied my CSM number, confirmed that my car was properly entered in the registry and asked for the sticker. Gary was kind enough to reply and ensure that I got a sticker. Great customer service.

Thanks for the replies. I put it directly over the Ford sticker. It seems many of the early to mid build 07s did not get the sticker applied during the Shelby conversion in LV. I simply used the "contact us" link, supplied my CSM number, confirmed that my car was properly entered in the registry and asked for the sticker. Gary was kind enough to reply and ensure that I got a sticker. Great customer service.

Are you referring to Gary @ Shelby American ?

I found it on my 2007. It is located on the front drivers side of the hood. The one on the 2008 is there but is badly deteriorated. Wonder if I can get a replacement?

Here's mine, a 2007 SGT, vinyl, and all original.

It's placed over the original Mustang sticker, but mine has a bit of an offset to the left. Seems pretty common, so when you place yours, don't be too "perfect" !

SGTSticker5W30.jpg

I reckon' it's time to re-visit that age-old, classic, but controversial thread about oil viscosity!

Note how flip78's replacement sticker has a blank spot where the recommended oil viscosity legend would go. Mine has the 5W-30. Others had...well...other!

Such is the stuff of astericks in future decades when folks are seeking to restore our beloved rides. *

SGTSticker5W30.jpg

If you look at the LAB # in the lower right hand corner of each sticker, I believe they are different by one number?

Tough to make out Flip's decal.

Does the 're-programming' of these engines change the OEM recommended oil?

My early 07 car (1347) has neither the underhood or door jam sticker.

Having to visit a dealer to get replacement/new decals seems a bit cumbersome. Couldn't Shelby just charge $5 for them??

My early 07 car (1347) has neither the underhood or door jam sticker.

On the face of it, seems clear that the vinyl sticker-over-the-sticker is related to the SGT number.

That is, the higher the SGT number, the more likely you are to see the sticker. Mine is #5048 with the sticker.

Ergo, if you are a low-numbered car, it is not "wrong" to not have one.

Just an unofficial observation.....

Archived