TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Production stopped?

I was just informed by the local dealer that they will not be getting either of the two special edition GT 500's that were ordered. Has anyone else heard this?

The only reason they wouldn't be getting any is because they didn't have allocation to get them.

Some dealers just place orders but if they don't have allocation they will not get them.

They had the allocation. I was waiting for the Black with Red stripes, but now I don't know what I will do?

How do you know they had the allocation?

When was it ordered?

5/4 was the cut off date for any changes.

Ford said there was no constraints on ordering the red stripe appearance package. So anyone with allocation could have ordered that.

Are they saying they can order a 2007 GT500 but just not the red stripe package? Was it ordered properly and before the deadline?

They had the allocation. I was waiting for the Black with Red stripes, but now I don't know what I will do?

How about you get a black GT500 with the stripe delete option and order the red stripe package through your dealer?

Maybe the question wasn't clear? I was shown by the GM that they had allocation. I could be getting the run around and they might have found someone to pay more than $15k over. All I wanted to know is if anyone has heard of this? I currently have a 2003 MACH 1 with 5k miles and I really need to get a Shelby GT 500!

Maybe the question wasn't clear? I was shown by the GM that they had allocation. I could be getting the run around and they might have found someone to pay more than $15k over. All I wanted to know is if anyone has heard of this? I currently have a 2003 MACH 1 with 5k miles and I really need to get a Shelby GT 500!

So they claimed they had allocation.

You ordered the red stripe package.

Now they are saying Ford will not build it.

So the question now is.....can they get the 2007 GT500 but just not with the red stripe package?

Or are they saying they can't get any 2007 GT500's now?

Something doesn't sound right.

BTW....WHEN were you shown this?

Was your car ever ordered? Did you get a copy of the DORA? If not, why not?

To specifically answer your question....NO! I have not heard of this.

Here is what Ford posted about the red stripe package. Note that it states FREE DEMAND during last 5 weeks of production. This means that any dealers that have any allocation left can order the red stripe package no matter how many are ordered.

Price / Volume / Timing:

• MSRP $1,650 / WSD $1,386

• Job#1: 05/07/07

• Program length: Final 5 weeks of 07 MY

• Free demand during last 5 weeks of production

I think there's more to the "red appearance package" than just the stripes.

Yes, but you could probably order everything through parts. Just be sure the car has the premium interior package. Everything else you should be able to order.

Includes:

• Premium Interior Package

• SVT / SHELBY Top & Side Stripes in Bright RED

• Unique RED Exterior Badges: Fender Cobras, Grille Cobra,

Faux Gas Cap, and “SHELBY” Deck Lid

• Unique NEW Premium Carpeted Floor Mats – Ebony Carpet

with Red and Silver Embroidered ‘Cobra Snake’

• Shelby GT500 Car Cover

Yes, but you could probably order everything through parts. Just be sure the car has the premium interior package. Everything else you should be able to order.

Includes:

• Premium Interior Package

• SVT / SHELBY Top & Side Stripes in Bright RED

• Unique RED Exterior Badges: Fender Cobras, Grille Cobra,

Faux Gas Cap, and “SHELBY” Deck Lid

• Unique NEW Premium Carpeted Floor Mats – Ebony Carpet

with Red and Silver Embroidered ‘Cobra Snake’

• Shelby GT500 Car Cover

Thanks SHelbyDude. I'm only guessing here, but I'll bet the pieces bought separately are much higher than the package cost. THus I'd be pushing to get it shipped from the factory with the package if at all possible.

Dave

Thanks SHelbyDude. I'm only guessing here, but I'll bet the pieces bought separately are much higher than the package cost. THus I'd be pushing to get it shipped from the factory with the package if at all possible.

Dave

Correct. You would have to get the premium interior package which by itself is $595 as an option on the car. The stripes would run approx $1,300 then whatever cost for the cobra badges, etc.

Then of course you still wouldn't have a car that came factory with the red appearance package. So you would be merely adding it for looks.

As far as the deal above goes, there could be a few different reasons why the dealer is not able to get it. But without being able to answer any questions we can't even narrow it down. One could be that the dealer got a buyer willing to pay more. Or they really never had allocation but might have thought they could get it. They might have been confused with the "free demand" part by thinking that meant they could order one. They could have messed up the order codes and it was to late to make any changes. They may have submitted the order to late. Who knows. Without more specifics and dates involved it's hard to say.

I just checked locator and there is still only ONE in the entire country showing up. I know there are more that were ordered because several have been listed on ebay already. But I haven't heard about any problem with not being able to get this option as long as the dealer does in fact have the allocation to get a GT500.

If the dealer is just saying they can't get the red appearance package I would call them on it and just tell them to get another GT500 then and see what they say to that. That was another unanswered questioned as to whether they are saying that can't get this particular option or whether they can't get a GT500 at all?

I really don't know any more details because the GM went home at 5 p.m. and since he was the one I was dealing with I don't know if I should contact the owner tomorrow? I am thinking he got a much higher offer than $15k over. If anyone knows of a Black with red stripes please let me know.

I really don't know any more details because the GM went home at 5 p.m. and since he was the one I was dealing with I don't know if I should contact the owner tomorrow? I am thinking he got a much higher offer than $15k over. If anyone knows of a Black with red stripes please let me know.

Did you actually order one?

Did you have a deposit on it?

Did you get a purchase order?

Did you get a copy of the DORA?

What was the date when you ordered it?

Yes I actually ordered one!

I had a deposit!

I did not receive a copy of the DORA.

I ordered it with them April 23!

Since they claim they had allocation find out if it is just the red stripe package they can't get or if they can't get a GT500 at all.

Do you have a copy of the purchase order?

Where are they located? City, State? Dealer Name?

He said he sent the purhase order and DORA in the mail? I know my credit card was charged and I will be calling to dispute the charge!

Blair, Nebraska

Woodhouse Ford.

When did he say he sent it? If you ordered this on 4/23 you should have had it by now.

You may want to wait on disputing it until you get to the bottom of this first.

If this is a case of them trying to sell it out from under you there may be recourse to force them into getting you your car.

Woodhouse is a very big dealership. They are in the top 5 in the country.

I will take your advice and call them in the morning. Should I contact the owner or talk with the GM first? I have never had this happen before. Thanks for your help!

Talk with whichever one you can get a hold of.

It is possible that they may have thought they could get an extra allocation because of their status. They are a huge dealership that ranks in the top 5 in the nation. I think usually they are number 2 behind Galpin Ford in CA. Because of all the vehicles they sell they may have just figured they could pull some strings and get Ford to allocate them an extra car or two. Then found out they couldn't get them.

This happened with another dealer. The owner thought for sure he could get Ford to get him allocation for another GT500. Claimed to have had a LOT of pull with Ford. But in the end Ford wouldn't give him one. Perhaps this is the case here.

Or perhaps they did come across another buyer willing to pay more.

Or perhaps there is a problem getting the red stripe package due to getting to many orders already that ended up being more than Ford expected. But if this is the case here then they would still get their GT500's. Just not able to get one with the red stripe package. If this is the case then they would still be able to get you a GT500 but just not with the red stripe package. This is something I would want to verify.

If they are saying they can't order you a GT500 at all and they took a deposit I would be calling Ford to complain. They can verify if they ever had allocation or not. If they did or do have the allocation and now they are telling you they don't, then that would appear to me that they are wanting to push you out to sell to another buyer.

I would be a little surprised if they are pulling something here being the size dealership they are and with the high volumn they do. So maybe there is a problem as to why they can't get this. But with all the horror stories from what a lot of dealers have pulled over this car nothing would surprise me any more.

If everything still sounds fishy then your next step is to contact Ford directly and see if they will do anything.

There was another member here that had a problem where his dealer sold his car out from under him and in the end Ford made sure he got his car.

He said he sent the purhase order and DORA in the mail? I know my credit card was charged and I will be calling to dispute the charge!

Blair, Nebraska

Woodhouse Ford.

No don't do that, that would be like giving them your blessing to sell the car to someone else.... wait and talk to the GM again and make them stick to thier original promise.... maybe they didn't make the deadline on the red stripe package or maybe they found another buyer (friend of the GM maybe??)..... tell him you still want the car and even if you don't get the red stripe package, you can have it installed professionally and it will be what you wanted originally.

Be patient and don't loose your cool but don't let them push you out the door either.

Blair, Nebraska

Woodhouse Ford.

Woodhouse Ford is one of the largest Ford Dealers in the Neb. Ks. Mo. Ia. area. There are an SVT dealer. If they are authorized another car they should be able to get one.

I have a Black/Red car on order that I am not going to purchase. PM me and I will see about getting you hooked up if your other deal falls through.

Well the GM took the day off today. A friend of mine talked with one of the owners and he said that the some of the orders with the RED Stripe package will not be made because they had too many orders. ShelbyDude was right!

So are they saying you could still have your car if you wanted it but just not with the red stripe package????

Archived