TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ontario Team Shelby Cruise , Tour SHM & BBQ

shel-b001

Hello Everyone,

At this point, one car two people. Perhaps a couple others will join as well. Just waiting for confirmation.

My cell is 519-301-7357 if anyone wants to convoy from Stratford area.

Tom Walsh

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys I have finalized the details for the cruise from the East end of Toronto

I am going to Start in Whitby at the AMC plaza on Consumers dr just west of Thickson Rd leaving at 9:30 am

Next stop will be Dixie Ford, located on Dixie Rd south of the 401 at 10:15, leaving at 10:30

Cruise to Kitchener at stopping at Starbucks/Chapters located 135 Gateway Pk, exit at King st e and it is one st North at 11:05, leaving at 11:15

We should arrive at Sean Hylands around 11:45 am and the tour will be at 12:30 with a BBQ to follow

My Cell # is 905-409-3020

text me if you plane to meet up or email at cobraracing@ rogers.com

Is it bier or beer in Canada? I just look for the Alexander Keith's label! :drool:

No it's just cold Robert........lol

If you ever have time to take the Beer Lovers tour of Toronto, it is fantastic and shows a lot of the History of Toronto right back the war of 1812

Hi.Me here again. Kstrong,thanks for the travel time to SHM-I was thinking it was closer.So,a time change; I am going to hit the timmy's at 10:30 -10:45.I'll wait till 11am,if any one else shows up,great,if not ,see you all at SHM.Any plans for a cruise afterward?

Would like to attend with my two boys (ages 10 and 12) - coming from northern Detroit suburbs (crossing at Sarnia). Question - can they attend or is there some insurance/legal reason why they might not be able to? Second - any coordinated link-ups coming from the West (not too familiar with Ontario geography :) )? Sounds like a good time...

Looking forward to meeting you.

Likewise. It has been a long time since I have been on a run with Team Shelby. Should be some good fun.

Would like to attend with my two boys (ages 10 and 12) - coming from northern Detroit suburbs (crossing at Sarnia). Question - can they attend or is there some insurance/legal reason why they might not be able to? Second - any coordinated link-ups coming from the West (not too familiar with Ontario geography :) )? Sounds like a good time...

Robert is heading from that area and Ken Strong lives in London so either one

I will try to contact them and let you know

Good Morning,

its been some time since I've been on the forum, but saw this post and thought my wife and I would be Interested in joining the cruise out to Wood Stock we are in stouffville. And would like to find out meeting points near us, and what times folks are heading out.

would probably meet at the dixon road location or time my arrival at the 401 to hook up with folks coming from the thickson meeting location.

Look forward to hearing back from someone in our area heading out.

Regards,

Barry

Hi.Me here again. Kstrong,thanks for the travel time to SHM-I was thinking it was closer.So,a time change; I am going to hit the timmy's at 10:30 -10:45.I'll wait till 11am,if any one else shows up,great,if not ,see you all at SHM.Any plans for a cruise afterward?

I can be at the Tim Hortons on Wellington and the 401, by Costco and across from McDonalds for 10:30 to 10:45 am Saturday.

Robert is heading from that area and Ken Strong lives in London so either one

I will try to contact them and let you know

I can be at the Tim Hortons on Wellington and the 401, by Costco and across from McDonalds for 10:30 to 10:45 am Saturday.

Good Morning,

its been some time since I've been on the forum, but saw this post and thought my wife and I would be Interested in joining the cruise out to Wood Stock we are in stouffville. And would like to find out meeting points near us, and what times folks are heading out.

Any info would be great,

Regards,

Barry

Barry, Mike is closer to you. He is coming from Whitby. See his post #43 in this thread. Ken

Eric

Your boys are welcome Sharon & Robert Are coming from Detroit you could contact him or just follow the hwy 403 to Woodstock exit Hwy 59 turn right off the exit & then left on the first street which is Jack Ross Ave. SHM is 691 Jack Ross Ave. Looking forward to meeting you & the boys

Eric

Your boys are welcome Sharon & Robert Are coming from Detroit you could contact him or just follow the hwy 403 to Woodstock exit Hwy 59 turn right off the exit & then left on the first street which is Jack Ross Ave. SHM is 691 Jack Ross Ave. Looking forward to meeting you & the boys

If you are coming from Sarnia then it would be the Highway 402 South towards London, 402 ends and becomes Highway 401, go East towards Woodstock, exit 59 as Jim said.

I am meeting up at Wellington rd exit 186, London. There is a Tim Hortons, Costco and McDonalds on the South exit. Meeting at the Tim Hortons between 10:30 and 10:45 Saturday morning.

Eric

Thanks a lot - look forward to it...

If you are coming from Sarnia then it would be the Highway 402 South towards London, 402 ends and becomes Highway 401, go East towards Woodstock, exit 59 as Jim said.

I am meeting up at Wellington rd exit 186, London. There is a Tim Hortons, Costco and McDonalds on the South exit. Meeting at the Tim Hortons between 10:30 and 10:45 Saturday morning.

Sounds good - we will plan to meet you there. I will PM you later this week with my mobile in case things change, we get delayed, etc.

Ya right on Ken I was thinking Detroit.

To eric-gt500.I will be leaving from sarnia. Do you have an aproximate time you will be entering Sarnia.We could hook up and then meet up with kstrong in london.Are you familiar with sarnia at all?

To eric-gt500.I will be leaving from sarnia. Do you have an aproximate time you will be entering Sarnia.We could hook up and then meet up with kstrong in london.Are you familiar with sarnia at all?

That would be great - what time would we need to meet in Sarnia to hook up with kstrong in London by 10:45? I'm assuming border traffic isn't too bad on Sat mornings?? As far as location within Sarnia, I'm not that familiar so you could just name a good spot just off the main highway and I'll find it.

Hi Eric.I can't say for sure what the border may be like but I think if you hit the US side around 9am that should give you plenty of time.After you clear Canadian customs(you do all have passports?) stay on the highway to the Indian road exit- #3.( about a 2 minutes)Take the exit and at the stop sign turn left.You will see a Petrocan gas station on your right.I will meet you there.It will be a good spot for a pit stop if needed plus they have 94 octane if you need fuel.I will be there from around 9:10 am until 9:30 am.By leaving at 9:30,that will put us at the Tims in London about 10;30+/- to meet up with kstong.Again there will be time for a pit stop,Then if we leave London by 11 am it should put us at SHM by 11:45. I realize I am giving a lot of leeway in times but stuff can happen.Even though there is a possibility of rain saturday,unless it is major hail or tornadoes,or the event is cancelled,I will be doing this.Any questions,just post up,otherwise see you tommorrow. pat

Good Morning,

would probably meet at the dixon road location or time my arrival at the 401 to hook up with folks coming from the thickson meeting location.

Regards,

Barry

Hi Barry, That is "DIXIE ROAD" not Dixon Road.....Dixie is about 5km west of Dixon off the 401.

Hi Eric.I can't say for sure what the border may be like but I think if you hit the US side around 9am that should give you plenty of time.After you clear Canadian customs(you do all have passports?) stay on the highway to the Indian road exit- #3.( about a 2 minutes)Take the exit and at the stop sign turn left.You will see a Petrocan gas station on your right.I will meet you there.It will be a good spot for a pit stop if needed plus they have 94 octane if you need fuel.I will be there from around 9:10 am until 9:30 am.By leaving at 9:30,that will put us at the Tims in London about 10;30+/- to meet up with kstong.Again there will be time for a pit stop,Then if we leave London by 11 am it should put us at SHM by 11:45. I realize I am giving a lot of leeway in times but stuff can happen.Even though there is a possibility of rain saturday,unless it is major hail or tornadoes,or the event is cancelled,I will be doing this.Any questions,just post up,otherwise see you tommorrow. pat

Thanks Pat - will see you in the morning.

A big thanks to Jim, Mike & Sean Hyland for hosting this event it was a great day.

Also a big thanks to the ladies BBQ crew for the food and Sharon & Robert for attending and showing their support.

Can't wait until the next gathering.

Pictures and video to follow !

To all the those that attended THANK YOU for coming out to SHM Tour, I hope everyone enjoyed it & met other Team Shelby members,or Shelby owners. We were blessed that the rain held off. A " BIG THANK YOU" to Robert Lane , Sharon Elliott & their cuttie Heidi for make the trip from Detroit. Hope everyone had a safe trip home.

We will keep you posted about the membership of the Ontario T.S region & up coming events .

Again Thank You for your part in making this happen & to Sean of coarse my wife & Sarah for the BBQ .

Another big thank you to all involved in putting this on.It was great to meet and talk with everybody and to see the SHM facilities.Looking forward to the next get together. Pat

Archived