TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tore off side mirror!!! Replacement and procedure?

I just tore off my side mirror on the passenger side. Two questions...

1. Where is the best place to buy a replacement?

2. Anyone have a good replacement procedure?

Thanks,

MSB Mustang / Mark

I just tore off my side mirror on the passenger side. Two questions...

1. Where is the best place to buy a replacement?

2. Anyone have a good replacement procedure?

Thanks,

MSB Mustang / Mark

Why? Were you mad at it?

:hide:

GLW fix... B)

I did that on my SGT a few years ago..........came around a bend and a branch was sticking out :doh:

Replacement mirror assembly from ford = $110

replacement time = 20 minutes

Good as new! :whew:

Fortunately, it didn't touch the paint......hope yours didn't either

No paint or body damage. Just attached my "car tent" to the new garden shed I just built for my wife and to make everything more stable I poured new concrete footings for the shed that attaches to the tent now. Now the poles for the car tent don't blow around in the wind!...and they also did not give when I just hit the edge of my mirror on them! Snapped it right off! That is twice now the car tent has hurt my GT500! (Irony?)

I found these mirrors online for $19 each? Can they be real?

http://www.discountautomirrors.com/catalog/?N=1616+10331+4294962950&Nr=AND(part:Mirror,brand:Kool%20Vue)&Ns=price3|0

FD88ER from Kool VUE seems to be a direct replacement for ...$20 plus shipping! Anyone ever heard of this company? For $25 it is not much of a risk.

• 2 weeks later...

The Kool-VUE is a "perfect match"...except for a slight flaw in the molding of the plastic that made a very slight "3 long curved soft scratch" on the top of the housing. Also the factory packaging was flawed and the plastic edge was sticking out of the box when it arrived. Because of that the pointed edge where it mates the side window is a little curved now but still fits. The company I ordered it from, http://www.stylintrucks.com/, has been great to deal with and they are sending me another one to replace the slightly "damaged in shipment" unit. We will see if that one has the minor scratch on top also. For $20 plus shipping it is a great deal if you ever break your "FD88ER" mirror and Stylintrucks is great to deal with. (Our mirror is also used on Ford Trucks!)

Archived