TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 insurance

wagge

I have searched the web and forums to get an idea of insurance cost, after I fell off my chair when my agent emailed my policy for my new Shelby. So maybe you guys and gals can help me

I have travelers quote

2100 per 6 months for 4 cars, Infinity G-37 and 2 older just liability cars and of course the Shelby. This is for basic coverage 50/100/50 liability and 30/65/30 uninsured.

about 2500 per 6 month for a higher coverage

I have other vehicles on my commercial policy Liberty Mutual and my motorcycle with progressive.

Geico quoted me

1124 per 6 months for much higher limits

300/500/100k liability and 25k uninsured except for the Shelby and its 100k , also 100k bodily injury.

I also looked at Hargerty and they are 1500 per year, so I could do it and put the other casr on the Geico policy

State Farm was about the same as Travelers

Also this included my 21 year old daughter but has a ticket and is doing the defensive driving but has not finished it. So they have not run DMV and I do not know if the ticket appears or not or how long after the DD course it removes it.

I also need to look at my homeowners as well. This was a wake up call that I have neglected as I have agents and I just expect them to take care of my affairs. As much as I hate shopping, I hate giving up thousands of dollars

What's more I have never had a claim of any kind, car or home. (yes I know the odds) In 40 years of driving I have not had an at fault accident.

Anyone have issues with Geico?

I am going to cross post this to the SVT forum

Thanks Bill (in Houston)

Check with AAA, their policies are for 12 months. Determine how many miles you will put on each car, the less miles the cheaper the coverage. My Shelby is insured for 0-2500 miles and cost about $900 a year. If it looks like I will be going over that mileage, I can call and have the policy modified.

I had my classic Mustangs with Haggerty but when I got the new Shelby Haggerty wouldn't insure it because my wifes daily driver was older than 5 years old....Needless to say, it made me mad at their policy so I got a quote from State Farm and moved every vehicle there and saved about $1200/year doing so. Now I have the 2012 Shelby, 1970 Boss 302, two 1970 Cobra Jets Mustangs, 2008 F250 Diesel and wifes 2004 Navigator ALL for 199.25/month automatically deducted from my account. Plus, they reduced my homeowners policy by $300/year for moving the vehicles there. I may be sorry someday if I ever have a claim but they offer the same agreed value thing on the old ones like Haggerty did. I've come to the conclusion one needs to change insurance companies about every 3-4 years as they just get greedy and start uping your rates.

I had my classic Mustangs with Haggerty but when I got the new Shelby Haggerty wouldn't insure it because my wifes daily driver was older than 5 years old....Needless to say, it made me mad at their policy so I got a quote from State Farm and moved every vehicle there and saved about $1200/year doing so. Now I have the 2012 Shelby, 1970 Boss 302, two 1970 Cobra Jets Mustangs, 2008 F250 Diesel and wifes 2004 Navigator ALL for 199.25/month automatically deducted from my account. Plus, they reduced my homeowners policy by $300/year for moving the vehicles there. I may be sorry someday if I ever have a claim but they offer the same agreed value thing on the old ones like Haggerty did. I've come to the conclusion one needs to change insurance companies about every 3-4 years as they just get greedy and start uping your rates.

I

I have Geico.I pay for nothing, never got a dime from any ins co.I dislike the agents immensely and try to deal with the co direct. Beware of the Hagerty types. If you read all the fine print, you will find that the actual driving you do is not covered.When they deny your claim it wont be such a bargain

So far, I have a quote from Hagerty for about 600.00 year @ 68k.but this is a 2500m limitation. I do not want a garage queen and I am not sure if I went over the amount wold they cover me. They said they would but would also cancel or not renew.

Geico is looking the best at 2250.00 for 4 cars, BUT they do not use OEM parts and they factor in depreciation which mean in a total you may owe a lot of money.

The search continues

THis is in Houston Texas

Archived