TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Eco Boost Torture Test--must watch

mherman2

Interesting, but I'll take the Coyote or Roadrunner engines all day long over this one. :happy feet:

My coyote motor just burned 3.5 quarts of oil in my Boss 302 in 800 miles.... At dealer looking at new motor under warranty. Ecoboost has 420lbs of ft/lbs or torque, it's unreal in my new F150.

My coyote motor just burned 3.5 quarts of oil in my Boss 302 in 800 miles.... At dealer looking at new motor under warranty. Ecoboost has 420lbs of ft/lbs or torque, it's unreal in my new F150.

Oh boy, that sounds like trouble, hope that is an outlier in that engine. I am surprised that little ecoboost thing has that much torque, isn't it a V6? You aren't talking about the 5.0 or 6.2 are you?

I think we are looking at the future of the muscle car wars.

+2

My CS6 is far from being he most powerful thing out there but it's more than enough to make stock & mildly modded GT owners eat their words about V6's not belonging in this type of car. The ecoboost motors have a great reputation even among some of the diehard V8 guys I know.

Nothing against V8's - I love the sound of my Adrenalin but the only reason I bought it instead of an ecoboost F150 was cost.

I've been trying to find a decent priced wrecked 5.0 Coyote for quite a while for my 69 Datsun 2000 Roadster project. I've actually come across quite a few low mileage wrecked ecoboost trucks for really good deals. I'm seriously considering that combo for my project right now. It will be lighter, have just as much power and will keep them guessing without the big V8 sound. I really want the V8 in this project, but I'm thinking this could be a really fun combo for this car that will come in around 1,600-1,800 lbs when completed. Will also be an easier fit for working on. The coyote will fit, but would be more nose heavy. The ecoboost is also very easy to get up near 500hp/500tq with some turbo upgrades and tuning work.

Oh man, sorry to hear about the BOSS. We're tossing around the idea of replacing the company truck and the F150, Ecoboost is top of the list.

Oh man, sorry to hear about the BOSS. We're tossing around the idea of replacing the company truck and the F150, Ecoboost is top of the list.

And I'm sure you saw yesterday, Ford is putting more American's to work to build these awesome trucks!:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ford-adding-2-000-plus-040100814.html

Oh boy, that sounds like trouble, hope that is an outlier in that engine. I am surprised that little ecoboost thing has that much torque, isn't it a V6? You aren't talking about the 5.0 or 6.2 are you?

V6 3.5 Twin Turbo

would also be a nice engine for a Cobra kit car.

I'm not sure, this little six banger is very complicated, complex, and has lots of computers, turbos, and chip things. It wouldn't be as impressive to look at in the engine bay as an FE 427 for instance, and would be nightmare to install, tune, and keep going in a kit car or a rest-mod type 1st or 2nd gen Mustang either that has no support system for such a complex engine.

I remember the '80s well, not much HP or torque in those days. I'm much happier with the cars today, reminds me of the late '60s-early '70s, much better time for cars with power. But it may end alright, and we could be back in the '80s again, let's hope not, that was the darkest time for cars in my lifetime.

All this 4 vs. 6 vs. 8 is history repeating itself. We did this already, back in the 70's and 80's. The V8's were going away, obsolete extinct. We had the turbo 4 cylinders (SVO, Merkur, etc.). Yeah, right, look were we are now, full circle w/ a 662 HP Mustang. Now we re-start the cycle again.....

Archived