TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheel help?

Hello Everyone,

I was thinking of getting Foose Legends SS Stealth Black Wheels... 20x8.5's (+32) and 20x10's (+40) since its pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to get Shelby Alcoa's in 20's and want to save the 18" KR wheels. The fronts will have 255/35/20's and was wondering if anyone would know if 315/30/20's in Nittos NT555 would work for the rear? has anyone ran that size or does anyone know if there is enough clearance for that size or would 295 be better. Im thinking to 295 would obviously be safer but is it possible to run 315? Also do you think 8.5's are to small for the front?

If you have any ideas that would be great thanks

Mac

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks oldlugs and FiaCobra for the input... you know how it is just want to do it right for the KR instead of wasting money. I now think for the $$$ i will go with TruForged wheels.

Mac

I put the 20x10 Alcoas with Nitto 555s on the rear of my KR and put the recommended, by Shelby, 275s on them and wished I would have put a 285 on it so I think 315 would really be to much and not look right. Maybe a 295 at the most would still look good but anything more will make the sidewall have a weird overhang like the tire is to wide for the wheel in my opinion, unless you like that look.

The Foose wheels weigh a ton and will hamper the ride

Most 20's are. I found a set of 18 X 10 wheels for the race car, they resenble the svt wheel for 11/12 but weigh in at 20 lbs. Best part, 350 a wheel. May have to she the KR in theses as well

• 2 weeks later...

After going through many sites and decisions...

I finally made my choice today, and now I cant wait to get it.... I got True Forged Super Sports 20x9 (265/35/20 Nitto 555) and 20x10.5 (305/35/20 Nitto 555R) in clear coated Brushed Center and clear coated polished lip for my Black/Black KR. :happy feet:

post-25645-0-05348600-1373397294_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice KR_Mac. I installed the non-50yr. 20" Alcoas on both my KRs just because the 20"s look so good. I have to say that I like your choice as much as the Alcoas.

08KR525,

Wow for both KR's :rockon: Awesome!!!!! Thanks for the compliment now im debating on puting the GT500KR Alcoa caps in the center?

post-25645-0-22834300-1373331546.jpg

post-25645-0-22834300-1373331546.jpg

Will the 20" Alcoa caps work with your rims? If so, yeah I would try it. You could always change them for a different look. G.L. I gotta learn how to posts pics one of these days. Ha.

Great choice on the wheels,looks awsome!!

KR­­ Mac,for larger pics,you might want to give a try using photobucket's hosting photo site.

http://photobucket.com/

Thanks mustang loco for the info... its easy now to post pics :salute:

Will the 20" Alcoa caps work with your rims? If so, yeah I would try it. You could always change them for a different look. G.L. I gotta learn how to posts pics one of these days. Ha.

Yes they fit the wheels perfectly like the ALCOa's and mustang loco advised to use photo bucket. (just click the picture icon and paste the url from photo bucket)

Archived