TEAM SHELBY FORUM

August 11th - 5th Annual AmericanMuscle Car Show

ShelbyEra08

• 2 months later...

$%&@?*#!!!!!!!

I can not believe that I forgot to register for this show, and now pre-registration is closed!!!!!!

I always go to this show, and my car was even in thier calendar this year. HOW COULD I POSSIBLY FORGET TO REGISTER????

....and now Chip Foose is going to be there too.

Matt, please e-mail me when you can. I just found out my TS isn't accepting any more PM's (I need to fix that too.....this week is off to one helleva' start).

$%&@?*#!!!!!!!

I can not believe that I forgot to register for this show, and now pre-registration is closed!!!!!!

I always go to this show, and my car was even in thier calendar this year. HOW COULD I POSSIBLY FORGET TO REGISTER????

Matt, please e-mail me when you can. I just found out my TS isn't accepting any more PM's (I need to fix that too.....this week is off to one helleva' start).

:petting:

Chip Foose is the man!!!!! Can't wait! Maybe he will bring the Overhauling gang. Ed

I don't think anyone else is coming. There is going to be a "Chip Foose" Award this year, and the car that Chip chooses that award for, will also get a drawing of the car that he will sketch on site. So that is going to be cool for the lucky winner

$%&@?*#!!!!!!!

Maybe you should have Mrs. Z do the scheduling of car events for now on or .... maybe she does and caught wind of that calender ( which could mean " you'll go where I tell you can go , buster " ) :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Maybe you should have Mrs. Z do the scheduling of car events for now on or .... maybe she does and caught wind of that calender ( which could mean " you'll go where I tell you can go , buster " ) :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Mrs. Z says I'm on my own to organize and schedule the car events. Her only input comes if my "Honey Do" list starts to get too long, then I hear "Are you going to another car show again this weekend too?!"

...and she is very supportive of my calendar photos. In fact, she took a copy of the calendar to work to show all the guys she works with. Her co-workers call her a gear head, which annoy's her, but she does know more about cars than most of the other guys there.

Z-man

In an unexpected turn of events.....

Not only will my car be in the show, (wait for it / dramatic pause) it will be featured in the Shelby Performance Parts display tent. :happy feet: :rockon: :happy feet:

I was talking with GT50040th today, discussing some "photo business" from the Team Shelby Grand National event, and he asked me if I was planning on going the the AM show this Sunday. I told him my sob story about missing out on pre-registration, and how I planned to get down there early to try and be one of the first folks in line, to try and get my car into the show.

He told me that Shelby Performance Parts was going to be there (not the whole tractor trailer, but a nice tent display to show off their performance parts), and he thought they were looking for a car to represent Shelby. He gave me a contact name, and suggested I make a call. Fifteen minutes later, after I described the mods I had made to my GT550, I was in!!!! :drop:

So I guess all things do happen for a reason. Make sure to stop by the SPP display tent and say "hello"

See you all this Sunday.

Z-man

....now sombody pinch me to see if I wake up.

Not only will my car be in the show, (wait for it / dramatic pause) it will be featured in the Shelby Performance Parts display tent. :happy feet: :rockon: :happy feet:

I was talking with GT50040th today, discussing some "photo business" from the Team Shelby Grand National event, and he asked me if I was planning on going the the AM show this Sunday. I told him my sob story about missing out on pre-registration, and how I planned to get down there early to try and be one of the first folks in line, to try and get my car into the show.

He told me that Shelby Performance Parts was going to be there (not the whole tractor trailer, but a nice tent display to show off their performance parts), and he thought they were looking for a car to represent Shelby. He gave me a contact name, and suggested I make a call. Fifteen minutes later, after I described the mods I had made to my GT550, I was in!!!! :drop:

So I guess all things do happen for a reason. Make sure to stop by the SPP display tent and say "hello"

See you all this Sunday.

Z-man

Hmmmm..... I wonder if they want a GT/SC in thier tent.....

Hey Z-Man,

sometimes good things happen to good people. Hope to see you there. Ed

Z-man, I will be there. I was going to bring my KR but didn't know if I could get in. I will definitely stop by the tent. Bill

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday!

Z-man

See you all this Sunday.

Z-man

congrats on getting in, didn't know that SPP is going to be there.

So far the weather is looking good. Definitely going to be a good show with Chip Foose and Vaughn Gittin there

The car show was great. Had to be over 1500 mustangs there. I got a picture w/Chip Foose (What a nice person). The line was very long but he was signing parts and he made everyone feel special.

Yea Chip was so nice, I had him sign a poster of a F150 Foose Edition truck:

08_F150Foose_ST_06.jpg

He was telling a story of the truck and that he still drives it. He stayed there till 6:30pm and signed for everyone that was still in line, so that was cool, you don't really see people do that anymore. It is usually, nope time is up and move on.

Show was over the top. Great venue, quality show. Chip and Vaughn were awesome. Took the time to autograph for hundreds of people. Lots of Shelby's. I did not see one KR though. Does anybody know what car Chip picked?

Show was over the top. Great venue, quality show. Chip and Vaughn were awesome. Took the time to autograph for hundreds of people. Lots of Shelby's. I did not see one KR though. Does anybody know what car Chip picked?

Chip pick was a 68 Shelby GT500, the person that won owned the car since new

Archived