TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07SS0665 Super Snake Scam Auction On Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-Convertible-/281096812992?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4172acf9c0

SAI has been receiving many inquiries on this ebay auction. Although the CSM & VIN numbers do belong to a legitimate SS the ebay auction appears to be a scam.

First clue is the Buy It Now price of $29k

Second clue is the new zero feedback seller

Third clue is the registry and CarFax report show the car to be in a different state than the ebay seller.

Fourth clue is the seller constantly cancelling bids above the opening bid.

Fifth clue is the mileage not matching the car.

Sixth clue is the seller putting their email address in the auction and asking for you to contact them directly.

Seventh clue is a Google search of this email address shows its been used in other scam auctions.

Proceed with caution.

Steve

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item4172acf9c0

SAI has been receiving many inquiries on this ebay auction. Although the CSM & VIN numbers do belong to a legitimate SS the ebay auction appears to be a scam.

First clue is the Buy It Now price of $29k

Second clue is the new zero feedback seller

Third clue is the registry and CarFax report show the car to be in a different state than the ebay seller.

Fourth clue is the seller constantly cancelling bids above the opening bid.

Fifth clue is the mileage not matching the car.

Sixth clue is the seller putting their email address in the auction and asking for you to contact them directly.

Seventh clue is a Google search of this email address shows its been used in other scam auctions.

Proceed with caution.

Steve

I found one like this on a old classic corvette. I e-mailed the guy and he insisted on me paying for the car sight unseen. I played him like a trout on super-lite tackle until I tired of him.

It's a fun game if you're willing to play it.

Phill

Archived