TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Goodbye Egg Yolks......

gotoatz

So Saturday, I got rid of the orange egg yolk corner lights. Just did not go on the Grabber Blue in my opinion. Easy enough swap, about 15 minutes per side.

I am a bit disappointed that I cannot seem to find actual replacement lens for the reds in the rear. I had no issue swapping them out on my 05, but cannot seem to find them for the 2011. Only thing I can find is stick on tint, which I am sure will work, but would prefer a lens and bulb change. Anyone know who may carry them? I even got Morgan's paw of approval on the fronts....... :hysterical: :hysterical:

Thx,

Mike

IMG_0252_zpsdd1e80fd.jpg

IMG_0230_zps24dc94fa.jpg

IMG_0231_zps810adaa7.jpg

IMG_0232_zps26749916.jpg

IMG_0234_zps749722dd.jpg

IMG_0233_zps108043ba.jpg

I am a bit disappointed that I cannot seem to find actual replacement lens for the reds in the rear. I had no issue swapping them out on my 05, but cannot seem to find them for the 2011. Only thing I can find is stick on tint, which I am sure will work, but would prefer a lens and bulb change. Anyone know who may carry them?

I thought the rears were just reflectors. Are yours lighted?

Phill

I looked for rear lights a while back and could not find any. Not wanting to put tint on, I didn't do the fronts either. From briefly looking at the rear lights, it doesn't look easily accessible. The rear clip may have to come off, but i couldnt verify that. I suspect that is the reason it's difficult to find a replacement.

I looked for rear lights a while back and could not find any. Not wanting to put tint on, I didn't do the fronts either. From briefly looking at the rear lights, it doesn't look easily accessible. The rear clip may have to come off, but i couldnt verify that. I suspect that is the reason it's difficult to find a replacement.

I found this pic on line........My 05, you could just push from the outside toward the "spring" side, and pop them out....

120407d1348596701t-how-remove-rear-side-marker-lenses-2012-09-25_rear-marker.jpg

I found this pic on line........My 05, you could just push from the outside toward the "spring" side, and pop them out....

120407d1348596701t-how-remove-rear-side-marker-lenses-2012-09-25_rear-marker.jpg

You are correct, that is still the same procedure to remove the rear side marker lamps on later models, that is how I removed mine. No need to remove the bumper cover.

About a year ago, I found the smoked rear marker lamp assemblies at HID-Guy, so I bought a set. However, when I tried to install, I found the assemblies were poorly made and the the marker lamp socket would not fit. So I never replaced the rear marker lights.

You are correct, that is still the same procedure to remove the rear side marker lamps on later models, that is how I removed mine. No need to remove the bumper cover.

About a year ago, I found the smoked rear marker lamp assemblies at HID-Guy, so I bought a set. However, when I tried to install, I found the assemblies were poorly made and the the marker lamp socket would not fit. So I never replaced the rear marker lights.

Thanks. I just checked, and while HID Guy does carry the HID bulbs, no rear lenses. I cannot find them anywhere. Been searching some time.....

For me, it was so easy and inexpensive to just put on vinyl tint from AM, I never considered anything else. Also did 3rd brake light.

Pics are lights off then on...the tint isnt too dark to see them, even in daylight.

post-38126-0-16547200-1366603538_thumb.jpg

post-38126-0-28551200-1366603558_thumb.jpg

post-38126-0-25270800-1366603611_thumb.jpg

post-38126-0-88947200-1366603636_thumb.jpg

post-38126-0-88784200-1366603659_thumb.jpg

post-38126-0-16547200-1366603538_thumb.jpg

post-38126-0-28551200-1366603558_thumb.jpg

post-38126-0-25270800-1366603611_thumb.jpg

post-38126-0-88947200-1366603636_thumb.jpg

post-38126-0-88784200-1366603659_thumb.jpg

For me, it was so easy and inexpensive to just put on vinyl tint from AM, I never considered anything else. Also did 3rd brake light.

Pics are lights off then on...the tint isnt too dark to see them, even in daylight.

That really does look good. Probably what I will do for the rear.

Thanks!

Mike

Probably no oem matching tinted lenses bc its so cheap and easy to either paint them with NightShades or apply tint film.

Rear tint for marker lights on sale for $10. http://www.americanm...-tint-2010.html

Fronts are $25- dont know why, they look the same when I installed them. http://www.americanm...-tint-2010.html

Did you change the bulbs or just put tint on?

Probably no oem matching tinted lenses bc its so cheap and easy to either paint them with NightShades or apply tint film.

Rear tint for marker lights on sale for $10. http://www.americanm...-tint-2010.html

Fronts are $25- dont know why, they look the same when I installed them. http://www.americanm...-tint-2010.html

Yeah, not quite understanding the price disparity for the fronts. 25 bucks is more than I paid for the replacement lenses, with Amber Bulbs already installed.....

Who knows......

Thx,

Mike

Did you change the bulbs or just put tint on?

I just put tint on, those are stock bulbs. I have LEDs, but dont want them there. Plus, I'd rather not pull off body trim unless I have too.

You never know when one of those retaining tabs will break off, then youre in for much more $$.

It happened to me when changing fog bulbs, the left one popped out easily but left the tab in place, so reinstalling the LED bulb needed a few wraps of electrical tape.

I like the front markers darker and not egg yolked out. I noticed something strange in your photos...why is your Cobra Fender Snake emblem facing the rear? Mine are facing the front on both sides and I have a 12...was this a unique feature of the 2011 year GT500 cars?

I like the front markers darker and not egg yolked out. I noticed something strange in your photos...why is your Cobra Fender Snake emblem facing the rear? Mine are facing the front on both sides and I have a 12...was this a unique feature of the 2011 year GT500 cars?

I wish I could answer that. Have been trying to figure that out since I got the car about three weeks ago. Last owner has no knowledge of the emblems being replaced. Original dealer the car was delivered to, has no pictures of the delivery or documentation of anything being done. Car was built on a Thursday, so it's not a Friday or Monday car........

The emblems on close inspection do not show that they have ever been removed.....Pictures of bare fenders and factory emblems show that the guide pins and fender holes would make it possible to reverse, as they are now...but of course the snakes would be backward......as demonstrated......Being a Virgo, it bugs the hell out of me. If I ever confirm that it is not a factory blem, I will reverse them in a heartbeat.......

Mike

I wish I could answer that. Have been trying to figure that out since I got the car about three weeks ago. Last owner has no knowledge of the emblems being replaced. Original dealer the car was delivered to, has no pictures of the delivery or documentation of anything being done. Car was built on a Thursday, so it's not a Friday or Monday car........

The emblems on close inspection do not show that they have ever been removed.....Pictures of bare fenders and factory emblems show that the guide pins and fender holes would make it possible to reverse, as they are now...but of course the snakes would be backward......as demonstrated......Being a Virgo, it bugs the hell out of me. If I ever confirm that it is not a factory blem, I will reverse them in a heartbeat.......

Mike

Looks like they switched sides. Never caught on the final inspection. Very unique :rockon:

My 2007 has a unique feature as well. The 2007 ALLOY GT500 has the door edges painted the wrong colour! Alloy car, door inside painted gloss black. Another owner called Ford and was told they should be the same colour as the car, Alloy. :drop:

Looks like they switched sides. Never caught on the final inspection. Very unique :rockon:

My 2007 has a unique feature as well. The 2007 ALLOY GT500 has the door edges painted the wrong colour! Alloy car, door inside painted gloss black. Another owner called Ford and was told they should be the same colour as the car, Alloy. :drop:

Very interesting and unique....If I could somehow verify that it came this way from the factory, I would have no problem leaving them alone.......

Looks good. I have a set of clear ones I'm planning to put in when I get time.

I don't like the smoked ones but I *do* like the clear lenses (with colored bulbs).

Is there a source for clear Fr. & Rr. lenses on a 2010+ Mustang?

I found the fronts on e-bay but never the rear.

Phill

I don't like the smoked ones but I *do* like the clear lenses (with colored bulbs).

Is there a source for clear Fr. & Rr. lenses on a 2010+ Mustang?

I found the fronts on e-bay but never the rear.

Phill

Let me know if you find rears, either smoked or clear........

Thx,

Mike

I replaced the front bulbs with amber led lights and they look 100% better. I also swapped out the rear side markers with a red led but its not a noticeable difference so I'm probably going to tint them. IMO the best mod for 2010-2012 gt500s is a swap to led reverse lights. I'll post pictures for you guys later this week

To my knowledge hidguy does stock front/rear side markers, but you have to call them to purchase b/c they're not listed online. Last time I checked they were pretty pricey

I replaced the front bulbs with amber led lights and they look 100% better. I also swapped out the rear side markers with a red led but its not a noticeable difference so I'm probably going to tint them. IMO the best mod for 2010-2012 gt500s is a swap to led reverse lights. I'll post pictures for you guys later this week

To my knowledge hidguy does stock front/rear side markers, but you have to call them to purchase b/c they're not listed online. Last time I checked they were pretty pricey

Thank you, I just sent an e mail to check with them.....

Thanks,

Mike

So HIDGuy did send me info back. They do have the smoked or clear for the rear. However, they want 90 bucks for a pair. For that, they will have them is stock for some time. Don't understand why they are so expensive, as you can pick up the smoked rears for 05-09 for like 25 bucks.....And the 2011's are actually smaller....

The fronts only cost me 23 bucks, and that included the amber bulbs.....Looks like I will look toward tint sheets for the rear. I can buy a bunch of those for 90plus bucks......

Thanks for sharing the info.

Mike

Archived