TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shaftmasters' Driveshaft

I'm curious if anyone has used one of their driveshafts (http://shaftmasters.com). They are only about 15 mins away from my house, and I always like to support local businesses and manufactures. More generally, I have also gone through some threads here and on other forums and there doesn't seem to be a clear 'best' brand when it comes to driveshafts. I'm just curious what everyone is using these days.

I had their 4" shaft in my car for a while no vibration issues at all. My only issue was my motor is lowered. When the motor is lowered it tilts the rear of the tranny up and can cause some rubbing issues with the shifter. I had to adjust my MGW shifter to compensate for it. Eventually I will go back to a one piece drive shaft but it would be a 3.5" vs the 4". Good product.

I have a Shaftmaster Driveshaft on my car. No issues on installation. The car was pulled out of the garage after installation and taken up to 100 mph with no vibration. For me it was a great driveshaft for the money and still looks great. Put a safety loop under there while you are at it. Obtain a set of boxed crows feet wrenches for the torque wrench. A shallow socket does not fit on the the bolts going to the rear axle. It might work with a small head torque wrench. They are 10 point bolts. - Kevin

I had their 4" shaft in my car for a while no vibration issues at all. My only issue was my motor is lowered. When the motor is lowered it tilts the rear of the tranny up and can cause some rubbing issues with the shifter. I had to adjust my MGW shifter to compensate for it. Eventually I will go back to a one piece drive shaft but it would be a 3.5" vs the 4". Good product.

I have a Shaftmaster Driveshaft on my car. No issues on installation. The car was pulled out of the garage after installation and taken up to 100 mph with no vibration. For me it was a great driveshaft for the money and still looks great. Put a safety loop under there while you are at it. Obtain a set of boxed crows feet wrenches for the torque wrench. A shallow socket does not fit on the the bolts going to the rear axle. It might work with a small head torque wrench. They are 10 point bolts. - Kevin

Sounds like it is a product that is well worth the money. I was able to speak to one of the machinist today too, nice guy and guaranteed my satisfaction with the product. Even gave me the option of a local pick-up (with a discount for them not having to pay for "free" shipping) to have the option to look it over with them to ensure everything was okay before I put in on my car. Definitely a company worth sending some business to!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not nearly as active on the boards as I used to be, but I can tell you that the guys at Shaftmasters were very active on the boards about getting their product right for the S197 mustang and working towards 100% customer satisfaction. If I were to buy one, it would be from them.

Archived