TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT running horse grill emblem

I don't know if it's the same as a 66 6cly. But when I changed mine I bought it thru my local Mustang shop, Mustang of Chicago. It was exactly like the worn one that was original to our GT-H. Hope this helps. Or check out CJ Pony or NPD they will have what you are looking for.

Does anyone know if the running horse grill emblem is the same as the fender emblem on the 1965-1967 6 cylinder mustangs?

yes it's the same, I bought one on ebay that was for a 66 in the original box and everything. I thought it would be nice to have a little bit of the old school on the car. they are identical. Originals say FoMoCo on the back and newer ones say scott drake I believe.

Thanks guys. I ended up buying one from SPP. And bought a spare on Ebay. They are identical to the ones being replaced on a 1967 sitting next to mine in the paint shop. The horse on my grill had faded and wanted to replace it while the grill is off.

Geez! Good price, especially if it's the same part. I'll have to order one. How on earth do you swap those things? I was checking it out yesterday, do I have to pull the plastic bit off the front of the engine bay?

I pull the radiator support plastic cover off and loosen the four bolts that hold the actual grill in place. I'm too lazy to deal with pulling the housing in and out.

I pull the radiator support plastic cover off and loosen the four bolts that hold the actual grill in place. I'm too lazy to deal with pulling the housing in and out.

Perfect. For the plastic cover, are the plastic pins holding it just push pins like I'd find on interior trim?

Perfect. For the plastic cover, are the plastic pins holding it just push pins like I'd find on interior trim?

Similar, but you do not force out the entire pin. Pull the center of the pin up, then the entire pin will slide right out. Most interior pins are not really reusable as they just push in. These pins are reusable if you do not break them. If so, easily replaceable. If using a small screw driver, do not pry up against the edge of the cover, you will most likely scratch it. Gently pry up against your finger or put a towel or somthing like that to pry up on. Should take very little effort to pop up the center, that unlocks the clip and you should be able to pull it right out with little effort. I hope that makes sense.

Similar, but you do not force out the entire pin. Pull the center of the pin up, then the entire pin will slide right out. Most interior pins are not really reusable as they just push in. These pins are reusable if you do not break them. If so, easily replaceable. If using a small screw driver, do not pry up against the edge of the cover, you will most likely scratch it. Gently pry up against your finger or put a towel or somthing like that to pry up on. Should take very little effort to pop up the center, that unlocks the clip and you should be able to pull it right out with little effort. I hope that makes sense.

It does, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived