TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pics of GTS V6 engine Bay?

the5

Forgive me for the dirty engine bay, lol. I drive this Shelby rain or shine, or snow for that matter. Haven't had time for a good detailing considering it was snow flurrying this morning. Anyways, here is the naturally aspirited version. Mine came with the performance package and has the brace from Ford Racing. Not much added under hood from SAI besides the engine caps, the caster/camber that shows and the engine plaque. Of course, the sky is the limit really when you start checkin' options off.

SAM_3274_zpsa6ddeaad.jpg

SAM_3275_zps6f64f1b9.jpg

SAM_3276_zpsd51abbfc.jpg

SAM_3277_zps2a6c4d58.jpg

SAM_3279_zps3e18452e.jpg

Here is a picture of my V6 with an added tower brace and BBK CAI.

bbk.JPG

bbk.JPG

When did you add the shock tower brace?

It was part of the V6 performance package from Ford when I purchased the vehicle. I have seen a pic of a white SGT with Shelby on it, but never got any answer on if that was factory on the SGTs or where the guy got it. Sure would look good under my hood though!

I really dig those engine caps Morgan, where can I get a set?

They were on there when I picked it up from SAI. I figured they were simply a part of the package. So one of three answer... the package changed from 2012-2013 models, I got hooked up by someone at SAI without realizing it, or you got robbed by not getting them. In any case, I am sure that the guys at SAI can answer that and if they weren't standard on your conversion, I am sure they have them available for sale.

Here is a picture of my V6 with an added tower brace and BBK CAI.

How do you like the BBK CAI? I am thinking of getting a CAI and tuner from American Muscle.

I love the way it looks, sounds and feels. I'll check there parts page for the caps. Thanks!

They were on there when I picked it up from SAI. I figured they were simply a part of the package. So one of three answer... the package changed from 2012-2013 models, I got hooked up by someone at SAI without realizing it, or you got robbed by not getting them. In any case, I am sure that the guys at SAI can answer that and if they weren't standard on your conversion, I am sure they have them available for sale.

How do you like the BBK CAI? I am thinking of getting a CAI and tuner from American Muscle.

I have the Air-raid CAI/93 race tune/BBK throttle body an went from 256 RWH to 278 RWH FYI.

I have the Air-raid CAI/93 race tune/BBK throttle body an went from 256 RWH to 278 RWH FYI.

Not a bad gain at the wheels! I am still debating on when I am going to add some engine mods. I am realy trying to track down the Shelby strut tower brace that is no longer being offered. Cannot find one for sale through any store anymore, so I guess I will just have to keep a look out on Ebay.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived