TEAM SHELBY FORUM

After 15 Months, ToddL's Shelby Is In The Garage

ToddL

Its finally home. Thanks to the help from this board, Grabber, 68Fastback, and TwinTurboBoss, I have finally got my car home.

For those of you who don't remember, my dealer sold my car out from under me, and thanks to this board, Ford made good on the contract I had with my dealer and got me my car (see my other posts if you want the details).

Thats all in the past.

I had a great drive home through the mountains of northern Arizona. About 2 hours of great twisties getting home :shift: , with many thumbs up along the way. Here are a couple of pictures from the big day.

The car looks great. No problems that I could find.

I never would have got this car if it were not for this forum. You guys are great.

post-4310-1178422785_thumb.jpg

post-4310-1178422842_thumb.jpg

post-4310-1178422785_thumb.jpg

post-4310-1178422842_thumb.jpg

Todd

Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on getting your pony home ! We all have been there .. the first time we laid eyes on our own Shelbys.

They are great cars and attract a ton of attention. ENJOY! and keep her safe

Congratulations Todd

Great story, I followed it from the begining. you hit the nail on the head when you mention the help the folks on this site provide. I could not agree more.

You have an awesome car.

You are fortunate to have picked the fastest color, those with red are jealous

Lightning is White you know

Great story, great ending to this new beginning!

Be safe

Todd,

Where have you been dude. Good to see you back with such good news. She's a beauty. I am glad it all worked out and that Ford made it right and Spanked the dealer for giving you the shaft. :finger:

I had a great experience tonight. I let my dad drive the Shelby. He is an old hot rodder from way back. Used to build his own dragsters. I remember being a kid looking through his Hot Rod magazines, and seeing all the Shelby ads. I would spend hous practicing drawing the Cobra emblems.

He took me to the Sebring races as a kid in the 60's. I vividly remember seeing Cobra's and Shelby Mustangs racing around Sebring. Thats where I got my passion for the White and Blue Shelbys. The American Racing colors where plentiful at Sebring.

So now I have one, and I let my dad drive it. He was like a kid. I think that took him back 50 years to feel that acceleration push him back in the seat, and jam through the gears. I got a rush just watching his big grin.

Thatks for all the comments guys. And Grabber, thanks for sending me that tracking report. I got it Friday. It went right in my history file.

Allow me to be the 3rd to congratulate you. If you need info on how fast the white cars are, talk to KCMO. :hysterical2:

..too fast to clearly see as they zoom by... :hysterical:

congratulations, you are in for a great experience.

I just found out that I have an identical twin in the small town next to me (smithville, about 15 miles west). Will try to make some contact and get him on this forum. Smithville already has a member here, 69shelbyforme, with a blue with white stripes. I like him anyway :hysterical2:

enjoy your ride; and I definitely recommend the stage 2 :banvictory:

Its finally home. Thanks to the help from this board, Grabber, 68Fastback, and TwinTurboBoss, I have finally got my car home.

For those of you who don't remember, my dealer sold my car out from under me, and thanks to this board, Ford made good on the contract I had with my dealer and got me my car (see my other posts if you want the details).

Thats all in the past.

I had a great drive home through the mountains of northern Arizona. About 2 hours of great twisties getting home :shift: , with many thumbs up along the way. Here are a couple of pictures from the big day.

The car looks great. No problems that I could find.

I never would have got this car if it were not for this forum. You guys are great.

Congrats!!

Worth the wait!

Great to hear you finally got your car. Of course I am jealous. I contacted the dealer you bought from and they offered to order me a car at 8k over. Still out of my price range. I talk to at least 1-2 dealers a day and am hoping I will win the msrp lotto soon. Have fun with your car. Maybe I will see you driving around the valley.

Great to hear you finally got your car. Of course I am jealous. I contacted the dealer you bought from and they offered to order me a car at 8k over. Still out of my price range. I talk to at least 1-2 dealers a day and am hoping I will win the msrp lotto soon. Have fun with your car. Maybe I will see you driving around the valley.

Goodluck on the hunt, fastfords. I was wondering what they would be selling them for now. I didn't think they would repeat the deal they gave me, especially since they sold the car out from under me. They only have an allocation of one, so not much negotiation room there.

Archived