TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Factory owned cars for sale

wagge

I have visited a dealers website that has a bunch of Factory cars with 8-15k on them. I know his prices a listed as high but I know he will come off of them some. If I buy this car as a daily driver should I really care about 12k on the OD. This would be a great fly out and buy and drive back to Houston. Do you think this would be a good deal if they would work the prices. Looking at maybe the black vert.

Bill

http://www.goseeoc.com/inventory-results/standardmake/EQ,Ford/standardmodel/EQ,Mustang/standardtrim/EQ,Shelby~20GT500/categories/new,new-specials,commercial,preowned,preowned-specials,certified,under-10k/selectedcat/preowned/page/1

It really depends on what out the door price you can get, that is a lot of miles in a short period and the prices listed are high. 68K for the '13 vert with almost 15K mikes is not a good deal. Work the best deal you can and post the details with real numbers so a better evaluation of the deal can be made.

Those prices are WAY too high! From top to bottom, they want:

- $59,995 for a USED car with 15K miles that had an original MSRP of only $57,680

- $59,999 for a USED car with 16K miles that had an original MSRP of only $57,335

- $61,999 for a USED car with 12K miles that had an original MSRP of only $56,590

- $67,795 for a USED car with 15K miles that was NOT TO BE OFFERED FOR SALE

- $67,415 for a USED with 8K miles car that had an original MSRP of $67,415

- $69,999 for a USED with 9K miles car that was NOT TO BE OFFERED FOR SALE

I'm not sure what's up with the two cars whose stickers say they were "NOT TO BE OFFERED FOR SALE" but, unless they're some kind of COLLECTIBLE one-offs, there's NO WAY they're worth anywhere close to asking price. All but one of the others has a $2.3K-$5.4K MARKUP for the "privilege" of buying USED cars with anywhere from 8K to 16K miles on them. Moreover, I'd be very concerned with that kind of mileage on a cars like these, since they're probably test mules that were ridden hard and put away wet. Unless you think they're going to negotiate down at least $10K-$15K, you're wasting your time. There are MUCH better deals happening for brand new (in-stock) 2013s and (ordered to spec) 2014s. Don't waste your time with a dealership more interested in being a USED CAR MUSEUM than selling cars.

You also have to keep in mind, those are really hard miles on those cars. They have been beat to death by reporters for nearly a year.

Agreed wouldn't touch one unless you are going mod the car and replace most stock parts anyway.

Those prices are WAY too high! From top to bottom, they want:

- $59,995 for a USED car with 15K miles that had an original MSRP of only $57,680

- $59,999 for a USED car with 16K miles that had an original MSRP of only $57,335

- $61,999 for a USED car with 12K miles that had an original MSRP of only $56,590

- $67,795 for a USED car with 15K miles that was NOT TO BE OFFERED FOR SALE

- $67,415 for a USED with 8K miles car that had an original MSRP of $67,415

- $69,999 for a USED with 9K miles car that was NOT TO BE OFFERED FOR SALE

I'm not sure what's up with the two cars whose stickers say they were "NOT TO BE OFFERED FOR SALE" but, unless they're some kind of COLLECTIBLE one-offs, there's NO WAY they're worth anywhere close to asking price. All but one of the others has a $2.3K-$5.4K MARKUP for the "privilege" of buying USED cars with anywhere from 8K to 16K miles on them. Moreover, I'd be very concerned with that kind of mileage on a cars like these, since they're probably test mules that were ridden hard and put away wet. Unless you think they're going to negotiate down at least $10K-$15K, you're wasting your time. There are MUCH better deals happening for brand new (in-stock) 2013s and (ordered to spec) 2014s. Don't waste your time with a dealership more interested in being a USED CAR MUSEUM than selling cars.

First time I have ever seen a used vehicle with ADM. Would not go anywhere near these vehicles - probably the ones that were flogged for Motor Trend, Top Gear, etc.

First time I have ever seen a used vehicle with ADM. Would not go anywhere near these vehicles - probably the ones that were flogged for Motor Trend, Top Gear, etc.

I was not going to pay these prices belive me. But a 3-4 thousand off MSRP and for the right car maybe. Your right about these cars may have been handled hard. Thanks for your time.

On a slightly different note, what do you think a 2013 GT500 'Vert with every option except Nav and car cover is worth? Just turned 5k miles. It also has 6/60 extended warranty (25 ded), 5/60 service plan and 4/40 or 48 tire warranty. Black with Red stripes. Thoughts?

Thanks Guys, I have finally made some progress with dealers and seeing some better pricing, I have at least two or three dealers at MSRP and one 1500 below on a 2013 vert. Of course deciding on color and options slows down the process but half the fun is the kill, right?. You have to be persistent or just pay the extra over MSRP and go on.

I have found

Deep blue vert

Gray vert and coupe

Black vert and coupe

Grabber blue vert

dark red coupe

I still want a boss and I might end up with that and my wife the Shelby. One of my clients has a road race team and I would love to track it.

Archived