TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Old New Guy from Just South of Nowhere in IL

Roundabout

Finally getting back to my roots - ordered my 2014 Shelby GT500 on March 28th, build date April 23rd - delivery 3-4 weeks later? Grabber Blue/black stripes. My first new car from the factory was a 69 Boss 302, yellow with black stripes, sport slats and spoiler. Ran it a year and traded for a new 1970 Mustang Mach 1 428SCJ. Now retired and looking forward to being part of TEAM SHELBY.

Congrats & welcome to TS! We've got a '13 Grabber Blue with white stripes @ the local Ford dealership. Looked @ it a few times and love it, but my wife can't get into the color. Maybe the '15 will be the route we take?

Congrats on your retirement and a great way to kick things off with the '14 on the horizon.

Cheers,

Ray

Welcome Roundabout, I just ordered a 14 yesterday and they told me 7-8 weeks. Almost went with Grabber Blue/black too but decided on white w black stripes. I have a yellow Boss 302, a 70 model. Love the Boss cars. What part of Illinois are you in? I am in Southern Illinois near Mt.Vernon.

Round, congrats on your new Shelby and welcome to Team Shelby, glad you found us.

After you take delivery of your Shelby be sure to register it in the Shelby American Registry. You'll find a link to the registry in my signature line below.

Steve

Steve - Thanks for the welcome and info on registration, much appreciated. Steve

Welcome Roundabout, I just ordered a 14 yesterday and they told me 7-8 weeks. Almost went with Grabber Blue/black too but decided on white w black stripes. I have a yellow Boss 302, a 70 model. Love the Boss cars. What part of Illinois are you in? I am in Southern Illinois near Mt.Vernon.

Thanks for the welcome. I live about an hour North of Springfield. Was in Mt Vernon last summer to a Matthews auction. The early Boss's are hard to beat. Hope to get another some day. Be sure to shoot us a picture when you get your Shelby.

Congrats & welcome to TS! We've got a '13 Grabber Blue with white stripes @ the local Ford dealership. Looked @ it a few times and love it, but my wife can't get into the color. Maybe the '15 will be the route we take?

Congrats on your retirement and a great way to kick things off with the '14 on the horizon.

Cheers,

Ray

Thanks Ray, amazing how these women influence our lives isn't it. But as the ol' saying goes "If Momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy - Good Luck walking that fine line! Steve

Thanks for the welcome. I live about an hour North of Springfield. Was in Mt Vernon last summer to a Matthews auction. The early Boss's are hard to beat. Hope to get another some day. Be sure to shoot us a picture when you get your Shelby.

You might want to do a Morris Cruise Night this summer. Hundreds of cars and a lot of good folks to meet. Not too far from you.

Archived