TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Coolant Level & Use Question

QUIKSVT

Recently I noticed that my 2011 GT500 engine coolant level is lower than normal- just at the cold fill line. I've looked everywhere and can't see a leak. I didn't think it should be "using" coolant at all, so anyone have any thoughts on what it may be? It runs fine, runs cool/normal and has no real issues that I can see. The car has about 9k on it and it's the original coolant.

Any thoughts or common issues/occurances others may have experienced are much appeciated!

Sometimes they just need a top off. Mine "burns" fluids sometimes (especially after a hard day at the track). Nothing to worry about as far as I know, after 9k miles it's normal that you loose some coolant. Be sure to check your other fluids as well.

My 2012 coolant level fluctuates constantly. One day I will drive the car and after it cools the coolant will be at the cold fill line. The next time I drive the car, the coolant will be filled to the top after it cools. I worried about this for a while and even adjusted the coolant levels a few times. I have since quit worrying about it and do not consider it a problem.

Ok great to hear- thanks guys. I added 50/50 mixture of fluid and distilled water and it didn't take very much. Based on the feedback here and what I've read this is normal and doesn't seem to be a problem. I'll keep an eye on it.

Thank you!

Archived