TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Saleen Heritage Edition Mustang

MustangFanatic

Certainly seems Saleen understands the importance of a Boss Mustang (hey Ford, wake up!!). They are planning to introduce a Saleen Heritage Mustang with the PJ Saleen appearance parts, seems like a great place to begin a build-your-own Boss program

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/0...itage/index.htm

• 2 months later...
Certainly seems Saleen understands the importance of a Boss Mustang (hey Ford, wake up!!). They are planning to introduce a Saleen Heritage Mustang with the PJ Saleen appearance parts, seems like a great place to begin a build-your-own Boss program

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/0...itage/index.htm

Steve, I think the Saleen Heritage Mustang is on the right track ;-)

Had you seen/heard of the 2007 AJFoyt Coyote-edition mustang? It was on the web for a while then mysteriously vanished. When I do a search on it now nothing turns up. Is it possible Saleen is re-purposing it as the Heritage Mustang?

I saved this pics (and a couple others I can't get to load for some reason) of it from last year ...maybe I'm confused, but something seems strage with it disappearing! it's exact name was "2007 AJFoyt Coyote-edition mustang." --Dan

post-4902-1184117772_thumb.jpg

Steve, I think the Saleen Heritage Mustang is on the right track ;-)

Had you seen/heard of the 2007 AJFoyt Coyote-edition mustang? It was on the web for a while then mysteriously vanished. When I do a search on it now nothing turns up. Is it possible Saleen is re-purposing it as the Heritage Mustang?

I saved this pics (and a couple others I can't get to load for some reason) of it from last year ...maybe I'm confused, but something seems strage with it disappearing! it's exact name was "2007 AJFoyt Coyote-edition mustang." --Dan

Dan, your depth of knowledge and ability to find and retain Mustang information is phenomenal!! I am humbled in your presence.

I've never heard or seen the AJ Foyt Mustang - very interesting, although I admit to preferring the PJ or H281 look to AJ's rendition. Has anyone else seen or heard of the AJ Foyt Mustang?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Newer member and just found this thread, I have one of the 6 Grabber Orange H281s and my car

got a few extras installed by SpeedLab before it was shipped from Troy, like PJ 14" front brakes , an early gen 2 Watts Link rear setups,

and the 475 S/C kit.

Always wanted a Grabber Orange Boss since 1970 and this was the best way I found to satisfy that inch.

(Disability keeps me from using a clutch, that's why I didn't buy a PJ Saleen.)

Still haven't found any other H281 owners yet, Saleen made 57 of them so there's a few out there somewhere.

P8310009.jpg

P8310006.jpg

P8310005.jpg

Newer member and just found this thread, I have one of the 6 Grabber Orange H281s and my car

got a few extras installed by SpeedLab before it was shipped from Troy, like PJ 14" front brakes , an early gen 2 Watts Link rear setups,

and the 475 S/C kit.

Always wanted a Grabber Orange Boss since 1970 and this was the best way I found to satisfy that inch.

(Disability keeps me from using a clutch, that's why I didn't buy a PJ Saleen.)

Still haven't found any other H281 owners yet, Saleen made 57 of them so there's a few out there somewhere.

P8310009.jpg

P8310006.jpg

P8310005.jpg

Awesome ride, Blip!!! :happy feet:

The BOSS-302 should be here in about a year, but not likely to be an automatic ...and it would be hard to imagine it looking any better that what you've done ...thanks for sharing the pics. I like those light-splitters, like on the PJ ...great look!

Dan

Tony, got your pm.

Short answer here is that my car is just as I got it from Saleen/Speedlab.

The slats and side glass covers are Saleen Heritage factory options and Saleen Speedlab special mods included

the Watts link; the 14" front brakes--mine is that only 07 to get them as the Saleen engineer dept didn't think they would fit

on the 18" Wheels, (08 H302 Heritages are fitted with a new 19" Heritage wheel);

and finally, the 475 hp S/C kit.

Getting it made in Grabber Orange was the really hard part as that is not an optional color for the Heritage line.

(It's a longer story that I save for a pm)

I like the simpler retro body stylings of the Heritage and needed an auto tranny so no PJ for me.

I've owned two previous Saleens, a 2000 S-281 S/C 5 spd coupe and a 2003 SA-20 Anniversary speedster

that was special ordered with an auto (disability kicked in and I could not deal with a clutch anymore).

This one is my favorite and best handling/riding Saleen yet.

Hey Blue :waiting: :P --I'm pretty sure this is the "2010 Boss Mustang sub-forum"

and the PJ/Heritage models are good modern takes on a Boss theme. :dreamy: :P

Did you see my newest toon in the Terlingua forum?

I really think I should add one of those to my garage.

Archived