TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stripe Care

gotoatz

Greetings All,

Since I haven't seen a sub forum specific to Cleaning and Care, thought I would ask the question here.....What is everyone that has em, using for the care of their vinyl stripes? I have heard some time back that 3M 303 Protectant is supposed to be very good, but have not tried it when I had stripes on my 05. So, just curious as to the general concensus....What seems to be best? The stripes on my 05 were Black, and showed everything. The new car has white stripes, and just wanted to get a jump start on being prepared for the detailing....

Thx,

Mike

I have to pick up some of the Finish Kare 425. I'm almost through my gallon of Hybrid V7, I don't really like the look of it on the race red paint. It does make anything with a metal flake really bling though.

What first came to mind was a quote from George Costanza from an eiposed of Seinfeld when he and Jerry were talking about skin care...

"Wash it, dry it, move on".

I do wax mine right along with the rest of the car, being careful not to get any caked on the sides. That's about it.

i use Meguars vinyl spray--you want to keep it moist and just washing and waxing it would allow it to crack as it will dry out--it happened to me on an anniversary trans am after 7 years of just washing it

Archived